Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Airbag light on after change of steering wheel

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:05 pm

Bmwjay wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:56 pmSo cars back from mot all passed but the airbag light turns out not to be anything todo with the steering the fault has come up the a incorrect sensor in passenger door airbag strange as I haven’t touch any of that

Lucky to get a pass with an airbag light showing. Normally an automatic fail

As above I did have to replace the passenger side harness as it was trigerring an airbag light. Had not touched that area for months, but fitted cleared and it never returned. Message sounds like something disconnected or harness faulty, check the door to wing connector is secure
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Bmwjay

Post by Bmwjay » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:41 am

Where is that found ?

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:14 am

Bmwjay wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:41 amWhere is that found ?
Open the door and you'll see the convoluted tube. It has a connector at one end. From memory a couplr of torx hold it in
Harness is obviously on the inside of the door. Run to the airbag as well as all other electricals. Check the connections, although nothing will turn off the light without a reset
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Bmwjay

Post by Bmwjay » Wed Jan 24, 2018 4:30 pm

Ok I will check

I might try the other battery again as I got a 62amp battery on now and I took a 72amp battery off

Bmwjay

Post by Bmwjay » Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:32 pm

solved turns out it was down to 2 bent pins on the back of the steering
cost 110 quid mind :?