Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

3.0si Changing gear

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Ethicsgradient

3.0si Changing gear

Post by Ethicsgradient » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Silverzedtom wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:34 pm
Ethicsgradient wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:56 pmWhat annoys me about the sport button is it does not stay on , my jag when you put it in sport it stayed there , stop , switch off engine , go to work , come back , start up , still in sport .
That would be handy. I press the button with the ignition on before I start, don’t even think about it any more. 1st world problems eh? :wink:

Yes , I must go and check my privilage , see how badly my first world problems really are affecting me lol

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

3.0si Changing gear

Post by Mr Tidy » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:36 pm

Rusky wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:49 pmMr T, is that never as in never ever
Yep, never as in never ever! :oops: :!:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Rich8

3.0si Changing gear

Post by Rich8 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:51 pm

I never use mine either. In the manual it doesn’t add anything flexing my ankle a bit more can’t achieve - I’d rather have the ability to use a bit of finesse at lower revs and just move my ankle that whole cm further for full beans. And the increase in steering weight is so slight I don’t think it’s really noticeable after 5 mins driving.

In an auto though it’s a different story. Only driven one once - but enough to tell me it’s something you wouldn’t want to be without. Delaying the shift point on the auto really does make it change character.

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

3.0si Changing gear

Post by Mr Tidy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:38 pm

Rich8 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:51 pmI never use mine either. In the manual it doesn’t add anything flexing my ankle a bit more can’t achieve - I’d rather have the ability to use a bit of finesse at lower revs and just move my ankle that whole cm further for full beans. And the increase in steering weight is so slight I don’t think it’s really noticeable after 5 mins driving.

In an auto though it’s a different story. Only driven one once - but enough to tell me it’s something you wouldn’t want to be without. Delaying the shift point on the auto really does make it change character.
That's interesting - I've never driven an auto Z4, but can see why it would make a difference!

As I have a manual I just prefer all of the travel on the accelerator pedal to do something, rather than shift the action - I imagine with Sport on the last bit of travel doesn't really do anything? Maybe I'll try it and see! :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Rich8

3.0si Changing gear

Post by Rich8 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:07 am

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:38 pm
Rich8 wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:51 pmI never use mine either. In the manual it doesn’t add anything flexing my ankle a bit more can’t achieve - I’d rather have the ability to use a bit of finesse at lower revs and just move my ankle that whole cm further for full beans. And the increase in steering weight is so slight I don’t think it’s really noticeable after 5 mins driving.

That's interesting - I've never driven an auto Z4, but can see why it would make a difference!

As I have a manual I just prefer all of the travel on the accelerator pedal to do something, rather than shift the action - I imagine with Sport on the last bit of travel doesn't really do anything? Maybe I'll try it and see! :)
Dont bother. Its exactly how you are expecting.
Like i said - only driven an auto once, but compared to my manual, all of a sudden the presence of that button made sense.
In the manual id probably go as far to say its a crummy gimmick.

Monkeydonkeyratmagic

3.0si Changing gear

Post by Monkeydonkeyratmagic » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:26 pm

Depends on the roads. On regular road or motorway it's pointless. Around dangerous b roads where you want to blast it on and off its quite handy and the steering feels a bit more... secure.
MR-2 Turbo Rev2

Yep no Z yet. On the hunt.

Ducklakeview
Lifer
Lifer

3.0si Changing gear

Post by Ducklakeview » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:32 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:38 pm

It certainly does, makes it into a Jekyll & Hyde!

Mike