Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Broken Xenon Headlamp

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Mr Z

Broken Xenon Headlamp

Post by Mr Z » Thu Dec 28, 2017 1:45 pm

Over Xmas Ive managed to nudge into the rear corner of another vehicle and it seems like my Xenon light has taken the brunt of the impact as all the brackets appear to have snapped and the unit is now completely loose and moving around all over the place. Ive spoken to my local BMW dealer and a new Xenon passenger headlight is....................£896.40 inc VAT :o I know second hand units are VERY rare but Ive seen these on ebay
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-BMW- ... SwzlZaQ3XF
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-BMW- ... SwzlZaQ3XF
and whilst mine have orange indicators and silver inserts I was considering two of these, which is the same price as one new light from BMW? My issue is do I have swap over some bits from my existing lights to these ie ballast, bulbs, plastic backs as they seem a little "incomplete".
ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE REALLY APPRECIATED.

MACK
Lifer
Lifer

Broken Xenon Headlamp

Post by MACK » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:12 pm

Sounds like you may have broken the headlight mounting lugs. The good news is they are available separately from bmw for about £10-15. Check real Oem, for part numbers.
If the lamps are beyond the lug repair Its also possible to swap out the internals of xenon and halogen lights, but is a bit of a mission if your not confident doing it. From what you have said re the orange indicators and silver infers you seem to have a pre facelift car 3.0i. Xenon lamps for preface lifts, which aren't as rare as the post ones, can be had for about £300 a pair upwards when they come up. It's the post facelift clear indicator ones that are really rare etc.
Silver 05 3.0i SE
Mods inc - F/L Xenons Clear Ind Rear Lights M Sport Seats & Wheel Eibach/B4 3.64 DIFF (SOLD)

White E89 20i M Sport
Mods inc- B12 kit, M3 Arms, 18" Zito 935's with PS4's, Decat & Remap, Switchable Exhaust Flap (SOLD)