Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

HEADLIGHTS

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
Umfaan

HEADLIGHTS

Post by Umfaan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi all, new to the Forum ............found myself a 2006 E85 with only 35000 miles on the clock , a real gem . Only real issue is the headlamps , had a look today, and see that the Bright and dim are both H7 s , rather tired . The question is what have other members done to enhance there headlights , at the moment i am avoiding HID s but will see. Any suggestions.

Marlon
Lifer
Lifer

HEADLIGHTS

Post by Marlon » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:36 pm

Osram night breakers - still H7s but an improvement over the standard candles
https://www.amazon.co.uk/OSRAM-BREAKER- ... ag=z4fo-21
Gone: 3.0si 2008 E85
911 997 Carrera S

Umfaan

HEADLIGHTS

Post by Umfaan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Thanks for the information Marlon.......any ideas or comparisons to ""Phillips Racing Vision" .

thanatu55

HEADLIGHTS

Post by thanatu55 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:39 pm

I used Philips X-tremeVision for a while, they were ok. Better than standard, but I opted for HID's in the end and they make a massive difference. I prefer a slightly cooler white and h7's all appear a bit too yellow for me, unless you use the illegal blue coated ones which look terrible with the headlights off.

For h7's Philips or Osram are what you want. I haven't tried the 'Racing Vision' but I think they have a slightly whiter light than the ExtremeVision. I think they are similar to the WhiteVision ones which have a faint blue coating to produce a cooler tint.

Umfaan

HEADLIGHTS

Post by Umfaan » Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:50 pm

Thanks for the info.........no major rush ....will decide after New Year , when suppliers are back to normal . Also the Fogs Fittings are totally full of condensation and the Chrome reflectors rusted, so a new pair will be needed .Prices vary on the internet.