I had an issue with my O2 sensor (downstream) and was showing the p0141 error code. I just got it replaced (also replaced the valve cover gasket too). But even now, when I start the car, the EML and the Service Engine Soon lights are up when I turn the key to position 2 (ignition on). When I turn on the engine, it goes away. Pic attached.
The mechanic says that's not an issue and that's how it is supposed to be. He says since the warnings go off when engine starts, there is no issue and there are no error codes on the system. When I came home I checked again with my OBD connector and it shows no error codes. Pics attached.
Is it normal to have the EML and the service engine soon lights on when ignition is on?
Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 68
- Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:33 pm
- pic_2.png (640.35 KiB) Viewed 117 times
- pic_1.png (1.35 MiB) Viewed 117 times
- 20171201_082321-001.jpg (154.88 KiB) Viewed 117 times
- Posts: 24463
- Joined: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:22 pm
- Location: East Sussex, UK
Yes, it’s normal.