Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sat nav screen faint

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
afennell

Sat nav screen faint

Post by afennell » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:55 pm

Removed the stereo and check d the connector, its directly under the stereo, easy to get your hands on from the hatch above the heated seat buttons. Unfortunately it's still the same. I suppose the next check would be to remove the screen and check the actual display connectors , but I'm thinking it probably needs replacing. Are the screens the same in the x3 ?

srhutch

Sat nav screen faint

Post by srhutch » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:21 pm

You’d need to transplant the actual panel and electronics as the casing is slightly different.

afennell

Sat nav screen faint

Post by afennell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:54 pm

Cars been tucked up for a month and a half in the garage, when I turned her on the screen worked perfectly, great I thought, Something must have reset. Left the car for 10 mins, turned the ignition on and back to faulty!

I had been given a new screen and board to try so started to strip the old unit only to find one of the connectors differed from mine, oh well at least I have now checked all the connectors.

I'm currently watching a screen on eBay from a pre face lift car without dsp, should this screen work in my car?

afennell

Sat nav screen faint

Post by afennell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:58 pm

May seem a strange question but can you use a none satnav head unit in a car that has a satnav?

Say you did not want the screen up all the time but would like the little screen on the standard head units to just display when changing modes or radio stations?