Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
SuperCoupe

Help - I think my car is in transport mode

Post by SuperCoupe » Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:12 am

Nharris89 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:23 pm
Sandman77 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:44 pm
My attempts to download and install DIS failed so I am still looking for a friendly forum member who can do this please.
I had this same issue when I picked up my e85. I bought this cable from Amazon which you then get a link to download INPA and ISTA on a programme called BMW Suite. It takes ages to download (left mine downloading overnight) I managed to turn it off using ISTA because I couldn't figure out how to do it on INPA. ROYALTEC INPA K+DCAN K DCAN Interface,Diagnostic Tool OBD II Cable SSS ISTA NCS Coding Winkfp Programing Support E serials with Switch https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0779FK5NK/ ... 5Cb07PPM3P

If you go for it, I'm happy to talk you through it once you've got everything downloaded and plugged in :)
Hey! I just bought this cable with the hope of removing the dreaded transport mode, would you be able to talk me through the steps on how you did it? Did you ever put together a screenshot guide on the forum?'

Cheers!

Nharris89

Post by Nharris89 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:49 pm

SuperCoupe wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:12 am
Nharris89 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 9:23 pm
Sandman77 wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 6:44 pm
My attempts to download and install DIS failed so I am still looking for a friendly forum member who can do this please.
I had this same issue when I picked up my e85. I bought this cable from Amazon which you then get a link to download INPA and ISTA on a programme called BMW Suite. It takes ages to download (left mine downloading overnight) I managed to turn it off using ISTA because I couldn't figure out how to do it on INPA. ROYALTEC INPA K+DCAN K DCAN Interface,Diagnostic Tool OBD II Cable SSS ISTA NCS Coding Winkfp Programing Support E serials with Switch https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0779FK5NK/ ... 5Cb07PPM3P

If you go for it, I'm happy to talk you through it once you've got everything downloaded and plugged in :)
Hey! I just bought this cable with the hope of removing the dreaded transport mode, would you be able to talk me through the steps on how you did it? Did you ever put together a screenshot guide on the forum?'

Cheers!
I wish I had kept a screenshot log of how to do it!! I'm sure I'll remember when I plug in and go through it all again. When you get your cable and software, you'll need to download the ista+ application, I couldn't see a way of doing it via inpa so I did it via ista very easy. Gimme a shout when you've got it downloaded, setup and are ready to go! Then we shall go through it together! I remember it's very simple
04' e85 2.2i Roadster SE, toledo blue, heated seats, racing wheel, cream leather interior, plenty of mods gradually going on! :driving: :driving:

SuperCoupe

Post by SuperCoupe » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Right... Got the cable, got BMWSuite (loaded on a copy of XP running in Paralells on Mac! Downloading ISTA+ now. I'll give it a go as soon as it downloads but might ask for help if its tricky!

ph001

Post by ph001 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:21 pm

Please take some screen shots on the way to help others!
2007 E85 Z4 3.0Si manual :driving:
19" CSL's | Eibach Springs | Aeroskirts | Z4M front bumper | Clear brake light | ZHP | RCH+| Stubby

2004 E46 M3 coupe manual.

Nharris89

Post by Nharris89 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:31 pm

SuperCoupe wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:51 pm
Right... Got the cable, got BMWSuite (loaded on a copy of XP running in Paralells on Mac! Downloading ISTA+ now. I'll give it a go as soon as it downloads but might ask for help if its tricky!
Good luck!!
04' e85 2.2i Roadster SE, toledo blue, heated seats, racing wheel, cream leather interior, plenty of mods gradually going on! :driving: :driving: