Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

4 months on CTEK

Discuss problems you have had or are having with your Z4
oldgitdave

4 months on CTEK

Post by oldgitdave » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:02 am

Brought her out of deep winter sleep today & noticed the the trip meter read 000.0 & the clock reads --:--:--. Not got round to resetting the clock yet but I'm hoping that's all that's needed. Bit surprised as she's been on ctek all winter. any thoughts?
Zedless :(

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

4 months on CTEK

Post by mr.tourette » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:39 am

mine did this last off season too.. not really sure why as it was fully charged and healthy when brought out of hibernation , had to do window resets too, this year its been fine.. bit of a strange one for sure
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

road warrior

4 months on CTEK

Post by road warrior » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:47 am

I use mine almost daily and it has done that twice so far. Bonkers BMW electronics.
Almost anything will set it off, latest one is bulb out. Bonkers.
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.

oldgitdave

4 months on CTEK

Post by oldgitdave » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:19 am

mr.tourette wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:39 am mine did this last off season too.. not really sure why as it was fully charged and healthy when brought out of hibernation , had to do window resets too, this year its been fine.. bit of a strange one for sure
road warrior wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:47 am I use mine almost daily and it has done that twice so far. Bonkers BMW electronics.
Almost anything will set it off, latest one is bulb out. Bonkers.
Thanks chaps. Never happened to me before so was a bit worried :( . These cars are getting old now so I suppose electrical gremlins are inevitable. I've reset the clock now & windows seem OK so not touched those. :thumbsup:
Zedless :(

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

4 months on CTEK

Post by firebobby » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:45 am

Not had this (yet) but my steering motor ECU decided to die last year after her layup, was not connected to a charger. Now I connect the Ctek when parked up.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981