Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brighter and cheaper Angel Eyes

ovrkll
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Brighter and cheaper Angel Eyes

Post by ovrkll » Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:43 pm

It can be done with the wheel on, with the wheel pointed at it's limit, but it is very difficult to see what you are doing. There is an access panel to the light assembly inside the wheel well, 2 plastic turnlocks at the outer edge release the panel and allows you to pull it out of the way.
'06 Interlagos Blue Z4M

jamjia

Post by jamjia » Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:10 pm

ovrkll wrote:It can be done with the wheel on, with the wheel pointed at it's limit, but it is very difficult to see what you are doing. There is an access panel to the light assembly inside the wheel well, 2 plastic turnlocks at the outer edge release the panel and allows you to pull it out of the way.
Agreed. I just completed this mod and I have to say with wheel off the task is much simpler. The location of the AE assembly is far more recessed than the photos would suggest. You really need to get in there to be able to see where the screws are located. Once out, the job is a breeze. Drilled the holes exactly as in the photos and the bulbs came out without any struggle.

cliff49

Post by cliff49 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:19 pm

Hi, looks like you live in Atlanta area. I am in Tampa and regularly go to Atlanta area on business. Is there any way I can see you Z4? I bought 2008 Z4 3.0i and wanted to improve my dull angel eyes and your method seems to be my cure?

Thanks,
Cliff49

nick_z4

Post by nick_z4 » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:37 pm

So i changed to these brighter bulbs earlier today and the results are great :thumbsup:
Z4MR

ionofchios

Post by ionofchios » Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Anyone come across any decent Cree led ba9s bulbs that are not too high wattage and fire the light sideways, for use in AEs? Something like 10-20W?

I bought some cheap 20W halogens today, and while they are better, I still want my halos brighter and whiter.

mothy5000

Post by mothy5000 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:46 am

I still don't see where to drill the holes. I drilled them in the exact place shown in the picture and the bulb would not budge. Any additional pointers would be appreciated.