Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Xenon starter block fitment

rich-v

Post by rich-v » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:58 am

After popping the starter block off the back of the xenon bulbs I had a terrible time getting it back on. Everything seemed to line up and fit together but it just wouldn't turn to lock shut. After hours of fiddling then taking to a local garage where he scratched his head and eventually gave up, I went back home and fiddled some more eventually realising that there is a plastic insert just inside the block that had slipped out of line with the outer section, a quick spin to line up and bada-bing, done. :thumbsup:

:!: Obviously anything to do with tinkering with the xenon's should be approached cautiously as the power can seriously harm/kill. :!:

Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Xenon starter block fitment

Post by Andy » Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:27 am

Hopefully the sort of useful post someone will find in 6 months and it will save even more headscratching :thumbsup:
Imola Z4MR #0026 6 yrs, & 66k so far..

trailmowerz

Post by trailmowerz » Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:56 pm

I found this one today and it saved my arse. Had fought with the ignighter for an hour before I came back in from the garage and found this. Exactly the problem I was having. Alas, I still did not manage to solve my driver’s side low beam issue despite new bulbs and confirming the ignighters are not the issue.