Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Door Lighting Project

yyz_bobby

Door Lighting Project

Post by yyz_bobby » Fri May 01, 2020 10:09 pm

really cool, for the outside door handles especially i would like to do that mod. You said you had to drill holes for that?

you are not massively far from me being in birmingham, but if willing to help me out for a few beers or quids for your time this would be a cool learning experience.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Door Lighting Project

Post by cj10jeeper » Sat May 02, 2020 10:11 am

Hi
Yes, you just need a small hole to pop an led through from the inside. That’s the 30 second part of the project. Time and effort is in creating the new loom and connections from door connector to the points you want leds, connecting to the interior light, etc.
Frankly can barely remember as it’s 12 years since the project and not owned the car for 3+

Sorry but I work on my many car projects for fun and have no time to do the work on other cars. Happy to discuss anything if you get stuck, just PM me
Good luck - a mod worthy of doing
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills