Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Retrofit Cruise Control

0xid0

Re: Retrofit Cruise Control

Post by 0xid0 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:43 pm

wilbo wrote:
The button is used if you turn it off, press the button in and speed will go back to the last setting. To actually engage / turn on the cruise control, you just push the stalk forwards, I.e. towards thee front of the car. Pushing it forwards again will increase speed and pulling it back will slow down. To turn it off, touch the brake, or push the stalk up or down. I never use the button on the left. Unfortunately no lights or gauges appear.
That's it. The cruise control is now working. Thank you so much!!

wilbo

Post by wilbo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:04 pm

0xid0 wrote:
wilbo wrote:
The button is used if you turn it off, press the button in and speed will go back to the last setting. To actually engage / turn on the cruise control, you just push the stalk forwards, I.e. towards thee front of the car. Pushing it forwards again will increase speed and pulling it back will slow down. To turn it off, touch the brake, or push the stalk up or down. I never use the button on the left. Unfortunately no lights or gauges appear.
:thumbsup: No problem, glad you got it sorted.

Javizquierdo

Post by Javizquierdo » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:14 am

0xid0 wrote:
wilbo wrote:
:happyclap: :happyclap: :happyclap: :happyclap:

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:01 pm

Glad I've found this thread, after a trip up the motorway today I missed not having cruise like I did on my 330ci
Think i'll now get a cruise stork and retrofit it asap :)

Oh and happy with the MPG too, car showing 38mpg after a 70mile trip on the M1 so got to be happy with that.
2009 35i DCT silver
SLT mapped to 365bhp :)

mylesmuzza

Post by mylesmuzza » Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:09 pm

Ordered parts from BMW on friday came to 116.51GBP incl. VAT for switch and loom, fitted today and works. Used the thread more than the BMW instructions!

ScoobyR1

Post by ScoobyR1 » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:44 pm

Hey guys

just a general thank you to all the contributors to this thread. Using the information in this thread I successfully fitted cruise control to my 03 2.5 Z4 and as was said it took me only 20 minutes to fit ! Jackpot! Indeed the most difficult, if it can really be described as difficult, part was drilling and cutting out the steering column cowling to accept the new switch.

Brilliant
Cheers
Stu :D
Meant to say I paid £79.38 for the stalk from BMW Soper in Lincoln part no.B61.31.6.940.989 arrived within 1 day of placing order.
'03 Titan Silver 3.0 auto. Hand controls, CC, MFSW CSL reps, H&R ARB's, :thumbsup:

Now sold '03 Sterling grey 2.5 E85 :(

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:37 pm

I too have ordered a stalk for me to pop on my 3.0
I had a price from Sopers of 79.38 also but managed to get it from my local dealer for the same price, just because I can pick it up from them when I'm passing.
Mind you they told me on the phone it was £78 but when I called in to order it they said £89, I then gave them that look which said are you taking the p*ss and asked is that the best you can do ?? managed to get a 10% discount then so wasn't too bad realy.
Hope to be fitting mine on Saturday, Can't wait, I love tinkering :thumbsup:
2009 35i DCT silver

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Fri Feb 27, 2015 5:41 pm

Well that didn't take long. Picked my stalk up today and fitted it in only 15 to 20 mins, how easy a job is that.
Took it for a spin down the road and all working fine :driving:
Top job :D
2009 35i DCT silver

RenoRaines

Post by RenoRaines » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:03 pm

I did it like two weeks ago on mine. Plug and Play they would say. And it works :thumbsup:
But I really don't understand Germans with this silly cruise control. I prefer buttons not ... extensions :D

Daaaavvveee

Post by Daaaavvveee » Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:25 pm

I have an 07 plate coupe, this going to be plug and play?
Current Car - 2007 Z4 Coupe Si Sport - Carbon Black

BradleyB

Post by BradleyB » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:14 pm

Just looking into this at the moment before a trip to Wales end of April.

I've got an 07 plate and think fitting this myself is a bit beyond my capabilities.

I'm based in Surrey.. Does anyone that has fitted this to their own Z and isn't too far away fancy fitting for me? Cash your way ofcourse. Drop me a pm if you do!
'56 ///MR

Stu Boy

Post by Stu Boy » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:47 pm

Just spoken to a mate who has a 53 zed, install was plug and play. He thinks the later zeds have to have the cruise coded in? :cry:
2007 Z4 ///M Roadster, Black Sapphire, Nav, Deflector, Eibach's, Bilstein B6's, OEM CSL's 6 Pot BMW Performance Calipers

BradleyB

Post by BradleyB » Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:58 pm

Stu Boy wrote:Just spoken to a mate who has a 53 zed, install was plug and play. He thinks the later zeds have to have the cruise coded in? :cry:
Previous posts suggest that it doesn't need to be coded as long as it's wired correctly.. I'm happy to be corrected though!
'56 ///MR

Jollyjoiner

Post by Jollyjoiner » Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:58 pm

I think your right, your year car will not have the cruise loom fitted and will need purchasing with the stalk and then I believe it needs splicing into your columns loom.
2009 35i DCT silver

srhutch

Post by srhutch » Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:34 pm

BradleyB wrote:
Stu Boy wrote:Just spoken to a mate who has a 53 zed, install was plug and play. He thinks the later zeds have to have the cruise coded in? :cry:
Previous posts suggest that it doesn't need to be coded as long as it's wired correctly.. I'm happy to be corrected though!
No coding required, just loom on later cars.