Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Retrofit cup holder instructions wanted

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Hosse

Post by Hosse » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:49 am

@nictrix; Thanks. Yes, Thats true. I forgot to mention this mysterious piece of paper that I found in one of the boxes :|
Best regards
Hosse
"Norway - Z4 2.5IA E89 - 320D F31"

freemadw

Post by freemadw » Sun Nov 20, 2016 4:21 pm

Well done Hosse, you're a braver man than me. :o
Cheers, Dave
If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining...

vld

Post by vld » Sat Mar 14, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi! Can I get a little bit of help with some measurements? I have the parts, but I don't have the template paper, so I have to work around it :D
I can deduce the size of the rectangle by looking at the cover panel that goes into the hole.
I can deduce the position of the whole based on the location of the screws in this pic:

But I cannot tell how low from the top edge of the console should the hole be. Can you please measure for me the distance between the top edge and the installed cover panel (both its corners, if not parallel to the edge)?

My question is, if I am not millimeter accurate, does it make any difference? Does the holder part get fixated inside the console somewhere or I have enough margin for error?
(Sweden) E89 2012 20i Melbourne Red, Smart-top, Android display, 2.8i mapped, Retrofitted: cup holder and cruise control

vld

Post by vld » Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:05 pm

Please? :D
(Sweden) E89 2012 20i Melbourne Red, Smart-top, Android display, 2.8i mapped, Retrofitted: cup holder and cruise control