E89 Market watch

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
User avatar
scootr
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 am
Location: Temecula, California

E89 Market watch

Post by scootr » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:32 pm

It does seem your price is quite lower... here these E89 are imports and the numbers brought in were low in general.
I hear ya on the search. I was tossing in my sleep shopping in my dreams. I finally conceded to a couple of points (mileage being one and the fancy red leather being another) and picked one - kinda like choosing a wife :P :rofl:
E89 3.0L 6 spd manual
Image
Michelin NRF Pilot 4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Online
Silverstar
Member
Member
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 am

E89 Market watch

Post by Silverstar » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:16 pm

scootr wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:32 pm
It does seem your price is quite lower... here these E89 are imports and the numbers brought in were low in general.
I hear ya on the search. I was tossing in my sleep shopping in my dreams. I finally conceded to a couple of points (mileage being one and the fancy red leather being another) and picked one - kinda like choosing a wife :P :rofl:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

User avatar
scootr
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 am
Location: Temecula, California

E89 Market watch

Post by scootr » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:50 pm

:thumbsup: If she reads this take my car - I'm a dead man :lol:
E89 3.0L 6 spd manual
Image
Michelin NRF Pilot 4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Online
Silverstar
Member
Member
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 am

E89 Market watch

Post by Silverstar » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:57 pm

Better make sure she doesn't read it :rofl:
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

clarker63
Member
Member
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm
Location: Devon

E89 Market watch

Post by clarker63 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:39 am

did someone really order this combo? Orange interior only works with orange exterior!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-sDriv ... Sw~MZdnGGj
Image
2.3i sDrive. Retrofited options (in order of complexity) : Heated Memory MSport seats, Cruise Control, LCI Repeaters, Stubby (Whippy kept for posterity!) :D

User avatar
mr wilks
Legend
Legend
Posts: 20014
Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2012 10:02 pm
Location: Lancs or Normandy , i don't mind which

E89 Market watch

Post by mr wilks » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:04 am

clarker63 wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:39 am
did someone really order this combo? Orange interior only works with orange exterior!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-Z4-sDriv ... Sw~MZdnGGj
Spending a few days with Stuartt & his 35is I can confirm it also works with black cars too 8)
Previous Zs :roll:
E86
E85
///MR
Si E85
E89 23i
Si E85
E86
3.0Si E85
///MR
35i Msport 6spd
E86
///MR
E86
35is

911 997 Carrera4


Image

https://www.instagram.com/andy911wheels/

clarker63
Member
Member
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm
Location: Devon

E89 Market watch

Post by clarker63 » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 am

mr wilks wrote:
Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:04 am
Spending a few days with Stuartt & his 35is I can confirm it also works with black cars too 8)
ah yes, that would work... but not anything else! :D
Image
2.3i sDrive. Retrofited options (in order of complexity) : Heated Memory MSport seats, Cruise Control, LCI Repeaters, Stubby (Whippy kept for posterity!) :D

clarker63
Member
Member
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm
Location: Devon

E89 Market watch

Post by clarker63 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:18 am

Blimey, this one went cheap! £7600 for a 2014 (non msport) not sure if its 18,20 or 28..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283643514108?ul_noapp=true

Wish I'd submitted a bid!
Image
2.3i sDrive. Retrofited options (in order of complexity) : Heated Memory MSport seats, Cruise Control, LCI Repeaters, Stubby (Whippy kept for posterity!) :D

Online
Silverstar
Member
Member
Posts: 304
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 am

E89 Market watch

Post by Silverstar » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:43 am

clarker63 wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:18 am
Blimey, this one went cheap! £7600 for a 2014 (non msport) not sure if its 18,20 or 28..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283643514108?ul_noapp=true

Wish I'd submitted a bid!
It has an 18i badge on the wing, cheap car if there is nothing wrong with mechanically and the mileage is correct! Just looked at it again, he says heated seats but from the photos of the interior there aren't any buttons for the seats.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

clarker63
Member
Member
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm
Location: Devon

E89 Market watch

Post by clarker63 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:48 pm

interesting. its now on sale on Autotrader.. 10k..

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 0163369190

Wonder how they wriggled out of the ebay price! (or they bought it and are reselling it for a nice profit!) :o
Image
2.3i sDrive. Retrofited options (in order of complexity) : Heated Memory MSport seats, Cruise Control, LCI Repeaters, Stubby (Whippy kept for posterity!) :D

User avatar
Zed Baron
Member
Member
Posts: 310
Joined: Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:17 am
Location: Scotland

E89 Market watch

Post by Zed Baron » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:46 pm

clarker63 wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:48 pm
interesting. its now on sale on Autotrader.. 10k..

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified ... 0163369190

Wonder how they wriggled out of the ebay price! (or they bought it and are reselling it for a nice profit!) :o
It has iDrive :) but it also has cloth :(

clarker63
Member
Member
Posts: 388
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:54 pm
Location: Devon

E89 Market watch

Post by clarker63 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:06 pm

Zed Baron wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:46 pm
It has iDrive :) but it also has cloth :(
yeah! weird combo. you hardly ever see the cloth seats, but they paid extra for iDrive!
Image
2.3i sDrive. Retrofited options (in order of complexity) : Heated Memory MSport seats, Cruise Control, LCI Repeaters, Stubby (Whippy kept for posterity!) :D

Noelz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:34 pm

E89 Market watch

Post by Noelz » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:44 am

New member alert.

I’m after a 20i with iDrive and parking sensors. 2014 or newer. Parking sensors. Automatic. Black or white leather interior. External is more flexible as long as it not the flat red. Would like to keep the mileage below 40k.

I believe a Z4 with the media pack and comfort pack is what I’m after.

Would prefer BMW Used car.

Any chance I could get a decent one for £15k ?

User avatar
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 9181
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:54 pm
Location: In a barn

E89 Market watch

Post by Smartbear » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:46 am

Noelz wrote:
Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:44 am
New member alert.

I’m after a 20i with iDrive and parking sensors. 2014 or newer. Parking sensors. Automatic. Black or white leather interior. External is more flexible as long as it not the flat red. Would like to keep the mileage below 40k.

I believe a Z4 with the media pack and comfort pack is what I’m after.

Would prefer BMW Used car.

Any chance I could get a decent one for £15k ?
The forum has a classified section, keep an eye on it :thumbsup:
Rob
Image

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4 :P
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si, i foolishly sold my trouble free car...

User avatar
scootr
Member
Member
Posts: 345
Joined: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:27 am
Location: Temecula, California

E89 Market watch

Post by scootr » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:07 am

I have the leatherette seats, base model for me. Like the Mrs. :P :D
This is my first car with leatherette and I gotta say I am pleased. They wear like iron and not as sticky in summer with less maintenance.
E89 3.0L 6 spd manual
Image
Michelin NRF Pilot 4s
Bilstein struts & shocks
Luxon tower brace

Post Reply