Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 Market watch

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
RoyArcher

E89 Market watch

Post by RoyArcher » Tue May 11, 2021 1:49 pm

Zed Baron wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:44 pm
Pondrew wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:34 pm
RoyArcher wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:22 pm Just popped onto autotrader and if the pricing is right on the 35i for sale on there I may of undervalued my asking price.
Why didn't you check prices first? Both links are for trade sales cars and they probably won't get full asking, therefore your £12,750 sounds about right for a private sale. If I was your purchaser, I would not be impressed if you put the price up once it has been agreed.
Trade will also have to pay VAT, cover warranty and any part ex allowance + running costs of the business etc.
Good point. It seems the agreed price is right.

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 11, 2021 2:01 pm

RoyArcher wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:22 pm Afternoon all,

I have agreed a price to sell my car for subject to the potential buyer confirming that they want to proceed once they have viewed for £12,750. Just popped onto autotrader and if the pricing is right on the 35i for sale on there I may of undervalued my asking price. What would you do, sell it for the agreed price or ask for the similar prices on autotrader?

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... sed&page=1

mine is a 2010, with less miles

This one has an upgraded hifi but same spec as mine.

Should I sell at the agreed price?
My view on your questions. Only meant constructively :thumbsup:

As already mentioned, firming your price up before doing anything would’ve been a better position to be in, but it is what it is...........

The cars linked are trade sales and I’d be expecting £500 off minimum. One of them has nice set of wheels and the upgraded hifi would be important to me and I would pay a premium for it. The warranty from the dealer is worth having on one of these at this age.

White in white may not be to everyone’s taste so increasing the price just might mean you’ll be sitting with a car that might not attract a huge amount of interest when competing with what might be seen as more desirable colour combos in buyers eyes.

I would also be extremely p!ssed off if I’d done a deal in principle to be told the price had increased for no reason other than you’d thought you’d made a mistake in where you’d pitched the car. Personally no matter what I’d walk away if someone did that to me.

On the positive side, I think you’re ask is probably pretty much spot on but you are now in the position where if you did think you’ve pitched it a bit low do not budge on price at all when the prospective buyer cones to view. At THAT point you may wish to disclose that you’ve found out you might’ve pitched it too low and on that basis it’s a fixed price, no negotiation. You’re not p!ssing then off at that point , showing them you’re standing by your word and letting them know they’re actually getting a bargain :thumbsup:

All that said, it’s your car, you need to decide what you’ll accept and continue based on that. But my guess is you were happy with your price until you found the higher price ones you’ve linked.

The last thing I’d say based largely on personal experience and what happened with Boltz one recently. Getting someone standing in front of your car to fall in love with it is often the difficult bit and you’re in the fortunate position that you’ve got someone on the hook ready to do that. I’d be very wary of doing anything that would stop them coming to see it.

Whatever you do, as I’ve previously said GLWTS :thumbsup:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Pondrew
    Lifer
    Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 11, 2021 2:09 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:01 pm Only meant constructively
    Sorry you've fallen on hard times Andrew. I see from your avatar change that you have had to downgrade to a £50 Cavalier coupe, and a green one at that. Maybe the forum could have a whip-round, you know like crowd funding, to help you back on your feet? :poke: :lol:
    All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
    E89 20i Now fully dried
    Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
    Mazda3 sold
    Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

Argyll Andy
    Lifer
    Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 11, 2021 2:18 pm

Pondrew wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:09 pm
    Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:01 pm Only meant constructively
    Sorry you've fallen on hard times Andrew. I see from your avatar change that you have had to downgrade to a £50 Cavalier coupe, and a green one at that. Maybe the forum could have a whip-round, you know like crowd funding, to help you back on your feet? :poke: :lol:
    Well people like Flyingfifer, are constantly telling me Coupes are better so I thought I’d better try one even if it might not be the “correct’ German brand.

A whip-round or crowd funding would always be appreciated, these classic cars are always needing maintained :wink: :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)

RoyArcher

E89 Market watch

Post by RoyArcher » Tue May 11, 2021 2:23 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:01 pm
      RoyArcher wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:22 pm Afternoon all,

I have agreed a price to sell my car for subject to the potential buyer confirming that they want to proceed once they have viewed for £12,750. Just popped onto autotrader and if the pricing is right on the 35i for sale on there I may of undervalued my asking price. What would you do, sell it for the agreed price or ask for the similar prices on autotrader?

mine is a 2010, with less miles

This one has an upgraded hifi but same spec as mine.

Should I sell at the agreed price?
      My view on your questions. Only meant constructively :thumbsup:

As already mentioned, firming your price up before doing anything would’ve been a better position to be in, but it is what it is...........

The cars linked are trade sales and I’d be expecting £500 off minimum. One of them has nice set of wheels and the upgraded hifi would be important to me and I would pay a premium for it. The warranty from the dealer is worth having on one of these at this age.

White in white may not be to everyone’s taste so increasing the price just might mean you’ll be sitting with a car that might not attract a huge amount of interest when competing with what might be seen as more desirable colour combos in buyers eyes.

I would also be extremely p!ssed off if I’d done a deal in principle to be told the price had increased for no reason other than you’d thought you’d made a mistake in where you’d pitched the car. Personally no matter what I’d walk away if someone did that to me.

On the positive side, I think you’re ask is probably pretty much spot on but you are now in the position where if you did think you’ve pitched it a bit low do not budge on price at all when the prospective buyer cones to view. At THAT point you may wish to disclose that you’ve found out you might’ve pitched it too low and on that basis it’s a fixed price, no negotiation. You’re not p!ssing then off at that point , showing them you’re standing by your word and letting them know they’re actually getting a bargain :thumbsup:

All that said, it’s your car, you need to decide what you’ll accept and continue based on that. But my guess is you were happy with your price until you found the higher price ones you’ve linked.

The last thing I’d say based largely on personal experience and what happened with Boltz one recently. Getting someone standing in front of your car to fall in love with it is often the difficult bit and you’re in the fortunate position that you’ve got someone on the hook ready to do that. I’d be very wary of doing anything that would stop them coming to see it.

Whatever you do, as I’ve previously said GLWTS :thumbsup:
      Thank you for the reply.

I absolutely don't want to piss anyone off and I will not be changing the price.

Was surprised in the price being asked via the dealers to be honest.

Pondrew
      Lifer
      Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 11, 2021 2:23 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:18 pm A whip-round or crowd funding would always be appreciated, these classic cars are always needing maintained
      Have you got a classic car aswell? What is it? :poke:
      All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
      E89 20i Now fully dried
      Mazda3 sold

Flyingfifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue May 11, 2021 2:26 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:18 pm Well people like Flyingfifer, are constantly telling me Coupes are better so I thought I’d better try one even if it might not be the “correct’ German brand.

A whip-round or crowd funding would always be appreciated, these classic cars are always needing maintained :wink: :lol:
      Vauxhall is not a German brand :sick2:
      Also the Calibra is just awful in every imaginable way :rofl:
      2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Argyll Andy
      Lifer
      Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 11, 2021 2:27 pm

Pondrew wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:23 pm
      Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:18 pm A whip-round or crowd funding would always be appreciated, these classic cars are always needing maintained
      :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :hattip:

Argyll Andy
        Lifer
        Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:26 pm
        Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:18 pm Well people like Flyingfifer, are constantly telling me Coupes are better so I thought I’d better try one even if it might not be the “correct’ German brand.

Vauxhall is not a German brand :sick2:
        Also the Calibra is just awful in every imaginable way :rofl:
        Opel is and that’s who built them :poke:

We all have our own tastes, you like your E86, I like my Calibra, you like inflatable women, I like real ones. Tomatoes, tomatoes......... :rofl: :rofl:

Flyingfifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Flyingfifer » Tue May 11, 2021 2:37 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 pm Opel is and that’s who built them :poke:

We all have our own tastes, you like your E86, I like my Calibra, you like inflatable women, I like real ones. Tomatoes, tomatoes......... :rofl: :rofl:
          In Finland although the did move production to Germany later in its life... before it was very quickly killed off when they realised how awful it was :P

You saying you dont like the E86 :o
          As for women... Im still convinced you're just decent at photoshop :thumbsup: :rofl:
          2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

Argyll Andy
          Lifer
          Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 11, 2021 2:42 pm

Flyingfifer wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:37 pm
          Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:30 pm Opel is and that’s who built them :poke:

In Finland although the did move production to Germany later in its life... before it was very quickly killed off when they realised how awful it was :P

You saying you dont like the E86 :o
          As for women... Im still convinced you're just decent at photoshop :thumbsup: :rofl:
          It’s an S plate so one of the last ever built = Germany :poke:

Never said I didn’t like the E86 :wink:

Emmmm if you’d have stopped in to see me like scheduled on Sunday you’d have met Kathleen in person as I canny photoshop a real person for you to meet :rofl:

Silverstar

E89 Market watch

Post by Silverstar » Tue May 11, 2021 2:44 pm

Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:27 pm
            Pondrew wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:23 pm
            What have I been missing, you sold the 35is? didn't you only recently get it? I must keep up! :rofl:
            2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Pondrew
            Lifer
            Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Pondrew » Tue May 11, 2021 2:48 pm

You got me thinking about classic cars. I really fancy one, so have done some research and am now bidding on this little beauty :thumbsup:
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124718624182 ... SwxnFgmaI8
            Until now I didn't realise classics were within reach financially.

F31 320i. Good car.
            E89 20i Now fully dried
            Mazda3 sold

Argyll Andy
            Lifer
            Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 11, 2021 2:54 pm

Pondrew wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:48 pm
            You got me thinking about classic cars. I really fancy one, so have done some research and am now bidding on this little beauty
            https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124718624182 ... SwxnFgmaI8
            No heated seats, iDrive or upgraded stereo. Must be on 19’s as it’s had a cracked wheel trim on the rear but the good point is it’s got a spade for getting rid of the bodies. Don’t think I’d bud much above £16.34 :thumbsup:

Argyll Andy
              Lifer
              Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Tue May 11, 2021 2:55 pm

Silverstar wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:44 pm
              Argyll Andy wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:27 pm
              Pondrew wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 2:23 pm Have you got a classic car aswell? What is it? :poke:
              What have I been missing, you sold the 35is? didn't you only recently get it? I must keep up! :rofl:
              Keep up, keep up :wink:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=128978