Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 Market watch

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
tiglon

E89 Market watch

Post by tiglon » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:34 pm

Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:23 pm Looks like MikeyMike sold his car then - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133829828974 ... Swtltg~t2a now up at £20k
I assume that means he got a bit less than he hoped for.

Why do so many dealers love photographing cars in front of that bloody graveyard?!
2014 E89 35is Valencia Orange 788M wheels (M2 Competition), E90 M3 control arms, Eibach Pro Kit Springs, MHD Stage 1

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by ronk » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:41 pm

tiglon wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:34 pm Why do so many dealers love photographing cars in front of that bloody graveyard?!
Ive also got some pictures of my car in a Bone Orchard !
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:05 pm

tiglon wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:34 pm
Ole gits rule wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:23 pm Looks like MikeyMike sold his car then - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/133829828974 ... Swtltg~t2a now up at £20k
I assume that means he got a bit less than he hoped for.

Why do so many dealers love photographing cars in front of that bloody graveyard?!
Yep - £17.5 to £18k I would imagine.

its the same dealer each time
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

PointedMarlin

E89 Market watch

Post by PointedMarlin » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:01 pm

Every now & then I get chaser emails from WBAC as I used it to value the Zed before I brought it since I knew reg & rough mileage

Given I’ve no interest in selling I’ve never bothered to check but since it’s the summer holidays & I’m at a bit of loose end I did

In 2 months my car has increased in value by £1265

It’s not got any rarer, well not that I know of, so is this indicative of the used car market right now or are Zed prices just high in the summer months?

I haven’t brought a car in 10 years before the Zed so have no idea if this is unusual or not

Scubaregs
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Scubaregs » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:23 pm

ALL car prices are high at the moment.
Abstinence is fine, in moderation.

San Francisco red G29 30i. BMW S1000r Sport.
Image Image

Ming

E89 Market watch

Post by Ming » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:58 pm

PointedMarlin wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:01 pm Every now & then I get chaser emails from WBAC as I used it to value the Zed before I brought it since I knew reg & rough mileage

Given I’ve no interest in selling I’ve never bothered to check but since it’s the summer holidays & I’m at a bit of loose end I did

In 2 months my car has increased in value by £1265

It’s not got any rarer, well not that I know of, so is this indicative of the used car market right now or are Zed prices just high in the summer months?

I haven’t brought a car in 10 years before the Zed so have no idea if this is unusual or not
I did the same with WBAC and get emails every other week saying the value has gone up. Started at £10700 and now up to over £12k. I also contacted Wizzle, who manage the selling side of Carwow, and after describing all the slight defects like scuffed wheels etc, they valued it at between £11k and £12k, depending on the spec.
I do like to go topless......
....... in my remapped 20i in Valencia Orange with Black Roof :driving:

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by ronk » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:59 pm

I’ve been offered a nominal 25% or more for mine recently and it’s two years older a 3k more miles!
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

smwatson90

E89 Market watch

Post by smwatson90 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:33 am

Long time lurker, first time poster... Have been browsing for a while and now considering finally taking the plunge. This looks a great price but not really sure what I should be looking for, or what extras I want / shouldn't care about.

Thoughts?
https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 6254226709

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:08 am

smwatson90 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:33 am Long time lurker, first time poster... Have been browsing for a while and now considering finally taking the plunge. This looks a great price but not really sure what I should be looking for, or what extras I want / shouldn't care about.

Thoughts?
Hi, that's is one of the better priced 35i out there with decent mileage and seems to have the spec that is needed, iDrive and heated seats which are Msport in an SE spec car.

I would make certain all the electrics work well, especially the roof by opening closing 4 or 5 times (should open off the key but not close - if it does not drop off the key this is normally a sign of battery problems) and check the age of the battery, anything over 5 or 6 years I would be budgeting for it to be changed as it could throw up some faults.

Check the MOT history on line - as I can see quite a few failures on shocks a few years back, buy on condition not mileage

I have bought a 1 series off Avanti last year and all the cars are well prepared but they don't give good P/X but again all about price to change.

My advice is to get a warranty of some sort - if it has full BMW history they may cover the car otherwise direct warranty or RAC.
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

PointedMarlin

E89 Market watch

Post by PointedMarlin » Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:25 am

smwatson90 wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:33 am Long time lurker, first time poster... Have been browsing for a while and now considering finally taking the plunge. This looks a great price but not really sure what I should be looking for, or what extras I want / shouldn't care about.

Thoughts?
I’ve just done some direct comparisons with other z4’s on AT - seems very well priced given mileage & extras -

If I was still in the looking phase I’d be interested in this car, although for me based on how long I’d be looking to keep it mileage is high, but that is a very personal preference & I’m led to believe that BMW engines will run & run. Every car I’ve ever owned I’ve run to over 100,000 miles & I've kept for years but this might not apply to you

Chippie

E89 Market watch

Post by Chippie » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:57 am

Thoughts?
From the MOT history it looks like there’s been issues with the shock absorbers, you need to check that these have been replaced, there’s also a lot of wear on the roof buttons so maybe sure the roof works perfectly, it hasn’t done many miles between recent MOT’s so has probably been a weekend car, which can be a good thing being well looked after or not, as may have been a little neglected with short runs,
It looks very nice from the photos but has probably had the seats re coloured/cleaned as they will show wear easily, worth a look if you are local but be warned if you test drive it you will probably buy it :D
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 am

Chippie wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:57 am

Thoughts?
From the MOT history it looks like there’s been issues with the shock absorbers, you need to check that these have been replaced, there’s also a lot of wear on the roof buttons so maybe sure the roof works perfectly, it hasn’t done many miles between recent MOT’s so has probably been a weekend car, which can be a good thing being well looked after or not, as may have been a little neglected with short runs,
It looks very nice from the photos but has probably had the seats re coloured/cleaned as they will show wear easily, worth a look if you are local but be warned if you test drive it you will probably buy it :D
They will have done the seats for certain, all their cars are presented very well - we have had no issues with the 1 series we bought last year.

I noted the roof buttons but strange they didn't change them as its a cheap and easy fix to make the car look better - still ask them to change them or knock some money off.

I have been tempted by it for certain and it is not too far to travel

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Argyll Andy » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:08 am

Ole gits rule wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 am I have been tempted by it for certain and it is not too far to travel
:violent1: :rcard: :violent1: :rcard:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

Ole gits rule
    Lifer
    Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by Ole gits rule » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:09 am

I know I know - I am resisting well so far :thumbsup:

smwatson90

E89 Market watch

Post by smwatson90 » Fri Aug 06, 2021 11:28 am

Ole gits rule wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:08 am Hi, that's is one of the better priced 35i out there with decent mileage and seems to have the spec that is needed, iDrive and heated seats which are Msport in an SE spec car.

I would make certain all the electrics work well, especially the roof by opening closing 4 or 5 times (should open off the key but not close - if it does not drop off the key this is normally a sign of battery problems) and check the age of the battery, anything over 5 or 6 years I would be budgeting for it to be changed as it could throw up some faults.

Check the MOT history on line - as I can see quite a few failures on shocks a few years back, buy on condition not mileage

I have bought a 1 series off Avanti last year and all the cars are well prepared but they don't give good P/X but again all about price to change.

My advice is to get a warranty of some sort - if it has full BMW history they may cover the car otherwise direct warranty or RAC.
    I saw the MOT failures, not sure if it's a common issue but doesn't bother me provided they've been replaced. Good to know the dealer is ok too, P/X not a concern so good news. I'll be looking at a warranty definitely - will be a weekend car of sorts so not anticipating too much mileage but certainly want to be covered.
    Chippie wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:57 am From the MOT history it looks like there’s been issues with the shock absorbers, you need to check that these have been replaced, there’s also a lot of wear on the roof buttons so maybe sure the roof works perfectly, it hasn’t done many miles between recent MOT’s so has probably been a weekend car, which can be a good thing being well looked after or not, as may have been a little neglected with short runs,
    Luckily it's a fair distance from me so would be an undertaking to test drive - though probably makes the purchase more likely :D
    Ole gits rule wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:54 am They will have done the seats for certain, all their cars are presented very well - we have had no issues with the 1 series we bought last year.

I noted the roof buttons but strange they didn't change them as its a cheap and easy fix to make the car look better - still ask them to change them or knock some money off.

I have been tempted by it for certain and it is not too far to travel
    It is very tempting isn't it, just feel like it's a bit too good to be true compared with others of the model with similar mileage on AT. And whether I'm better off with the 30i - where there are marginally lower mileage / better condition on offer at similar price, e.g. https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-detail ... 6254222029