Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

E89 Market watch

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Kugaman1

E89 Market watch

Post by Kugaman1 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:28 pm

Mavster wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:36 pm...Perhaps good old Phil Schofield don't like your one :D
I think your right Mavster!
No idea how hillwalker got offered £2k more tho....WBAC are robbing barstewards!

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

E89 Market watch

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:43 pm

Kugaman1 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:28 pmI think your right Mavster!
No idea how hillwalker got offered £2k more tho....WBAC are robbing barstewards!
Maybe, but it could all be down to supply and demand.

I mean if their systems are as market sensitive as airline tickets or hotel rooms it may just be that they have one or two like yours in stock already, but don't have one like "hillwalkers" - and might even have customers waiting for one like his.

It does seem odd as they're the same model, but then if you wanted white I doubt you'd even consider red - or vice versa!

Give it a week or so and you usually get a better offer anyway. :)
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

tim0409

E89 Market watch

Post by tim0409 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:31 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:43 pm
Kugaman1 wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:28 pmI think your right Mavster!
Maybe, but it could all be down to supply and demand.

I mean if their systems are as market sensitive as airline tickets or hotel rooms it may just be that they have one or two like yours in stock already, but don't have one like "hillwalkers" - and might even have customers waiting for one like his.

It does seem odd as they're the same model, but then if you wanted white I doubt you'd even consider red - or vice versa!

Give it a week or so and you usually get a better offer anyway. :)
WBAC are wholly owned by British Car Auctions, and all their cars go directly to auction under the name UKCGR. The prices they offer are tied to the auction data they hold (so accurate in terms of what cars are actually selling for at auction). It's interesting to compare the prices they buy cars in at compared to what they actually sell for (I've done this), and they make a decent margin (anywhere between £400-800+ from the cars I tracked). For British Car Auctions, this a great business model and it feeds a lot of cars into their auctions; it's also pretty rare to make such a big margin on a wholesale model.

I'm looking for a 2009 E89 and I've seen some pretty cheap ones on auto trader in the last month, I just need to jump in!

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by ronk » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:26 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:47 pm
Lovely looking car, especially in that colour combination. :thumbsup:
Thats the very same colour combination I wanted when I bought mine at the end of the E89 production run! :thumbsup:
BMW wouldn't / couldn't accept or process my order however a dealer was more than happy to say they would, but thats another story.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Chris1712

E89 Market watch

Post by Chris1712 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm

Anyone like to hazard a guess as to why this is still up for sale?

http://avoncarsales.co.uk/vehicle/name/ ... drive35is/

It's been up since January, and is an absolute dream spec to me. Planning to go view it tomorrow, but a bit worried it's been sat there all this time surely somethings amiss? Can anyone get the VIN for me?
Pure Traction 35iS - Sold!
Carbon Black E86 3.0si Coupe - Gone but not forgotten

Zoomer

E89 Market watch

Post by Zoomer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 pm

I guess it's a lot of money for a 3 1/2 year old car, in a climate where a lot of people are unsure of where the country's going. Also looking at cars a little older you stand to lose 50% of its value over the next 3 years or so, so I guess the number of people who may be interested in the car are quite low. Just my thoughts but as you say it's a lovely looking car.
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

markplant
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by markplant » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:02 pm

Chris1712 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm Anyone like to hazard a guess as to why this is still up for sale?

It's been up since January, and is an absolute dream spec to me. Planning to go view it tomorrow, but a bit worried it's been sat there all this time surely somethings amiss? Can anyone get the VIN for me?
If that ones doesn't work out, John is selling his
viewtopic.php?f=41&t=104402
I know it's more money, but only done 8k
3.0 Manual. Sterling Grey. Cream leather Electric an Heated. Professional Navigation/Sony tablet replacement. Storm Werks . an parts waiting to be fitted

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by ronk » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:22 pm

Chris1712 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:15 pm Anyone like to hazard a guess as to why this is still up for sale?

The 35is isn’t everybody’s choice of car! There are a lot of folk on here who sing the praises and virtues of the smaller capacity/ 4pots and who also want a manual box.

The weather hasn’t been “sports car “ weather either!

Go and look and keep an open mind.

Chris1712

E89 Market watch

Post by Chris1712 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:29 pm

Zoomer wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 pm I guess it's a lot of money for a 3 1/2 year old car, in a climate where a lot of people are unsure of where the country's going. Also looking at cars a little older you stand to lose 50% of its value over the next 3 years or so, so I guess the number of people who may be interested in the car are quite low. Just my thoughts but as you say it's a lovely looking car.
While I don't disagree it is a lot of money for a car, it's not overpriced in the market imo. I've considered the 981 Boxster and the TTS and they're both more expensive, and tbh not massively better. I love the Boxster but couldn't afford an S and finding one which isn't flimper spec is a nightmare. So in context, to me it seems a fair price.
ronk wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:22 pm The 35is isn’t everybody’s choice of car! There are a lot of folk on here who sing the praises and virtues of the smaller capacity/ 4pots and who also want a manual box.

I've pretty much already decided on it, in the E89 family at least. I loved my E86 Coupe, but want an auto next and the 28i although it has the brilliant 8ZF doesn't give to much excitement imo. I want 6 cylinders again and I want some soul :p.

I will go and have a look tomorrow, and see what man maths I can do!
Pure Traction 35iS - Sold!
Carbon Black E86 3.0si Coupe - Gone but not forgotten

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by ronk » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:35 pm

The 35is is a step change from the E85/86
The salesman said this when I bought mine at the end of 2016 - He was spot on :thumbsup:

Zoomer

E89 Market watch

Post by Zoomer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:01 pm

Chris1712 wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:29 pm
Zoomer wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 pm I guess it's a lot of money for a 3 1/2 year old car, in a climate where a lot of people are unsure of where the country's going. Also looking at cars a little older you stand to lose 50% of its value over the next 3 years or so, so I guess the number of people who may be interested in the car are quite low. Just my thoughts but as you say it's a lovely looking car.
While I don't disagree it is a lot of money for a car, it's not overpriced in the market imo. I've considered the 981 Boxster and the TTS and they're both more expensive, and tbh not massively better. I love the Boxster but couldn't afford an S and finding one which isn't flimper spec is a nightmare. So in context, to me it seems a fair price.
ronk wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:22 pm The 35is isn’t everybody’s choice of car! There are a lot of folk on here who sing the praises and virtues of the smaller capacity/ 4pots and who also want a manual box.

I've pretty much already decided on it, in the E89 family at least. I loved my E86 Coupe, but want an auto next and the 28i although it has the brilliant 8ZF doesn't give to much excitement imo. I want 6 cylinders again and I want some soul :p.

I will go and have a look tomorrow, and see what man maths I can do!
Don't get me wrong as I am not slating it, but for some reason Porsches hold onto their value and as previously said it's quite a bit of money for its age . I like the idea of one myself but as my dad used to say to me you have more potential to lose money the more the car costs in the first place, which goes for any car.
Sterling Grey 3.0i E85 Black Heated Leather M sports seats , 224's ,Sat Nav, Bluetooth, Xenons, PDC, Gaptech ,Cruise and a nice warm garage. NOW GONE
Silver 3.0i Z4 NOW GONE

Deepseaskateboard

E89 Market watch

Post by Deepseaskateboard » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:09 am

I have seen this car on Auto trader too, recently reduced from 24k I think.

What would the resale be on this in 3 years time then?

I know diesels are not favourable, but petrol cars are fine until electric is mainstream.

I am looking to upgrade my 2012 20i next year around this time, looking for a 35i or is, but I don’t want to lose 12K on one!

This car isalready around 40/45% of its MSRP

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by ronk » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:05 pm

50% loss in three years is about the norm I’m afraid. Don’t worry about it - we spend a long time in a wooden box!

philiph

E89 Market watch

Post by philiph » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:45 pm

ronk wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:05 pm 50% loss in three years is about the norm I’m afraid. Don’t worry about it - we spend a long time in a wooden box!
And a lot in a tin box.

We must love boxes!
2017 Estoril Blue 2.0 Z4
Good spec, Only 2 pedals but other bits added to make up for that omission

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

E89 Market watch

Post by ronk » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:13 pm

I think the time in the tin box is better spent - so make it as enjoyable as possible!