Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Disgusted with BMW and what to do next

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
spareone3

Re: Disgusted with BMW and what to do next

Post by spareone3 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:29 am

ksher wrote:But BMW can argue that the excessive stone chips were casued by owner following the car in front too close.
Exactly, they can easily argue that you followed an aggregates wagon for 100 miles or so. No chance of warranty, just suck it up and get it booked in for a respray is my advice.
2007 Z4M E85, Ruby Black, Champagne Nappa, Piano Black interior. 2016 530D MSport F10, Auto, Space Grey, Black Dakota, Piano Black.

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:41 am

Sorry to hear, but a simple fact of driving a low car long distances and too close to the cars in front and on a colour that makes them visible. Nothing to do with paint or BMW.

If you say you don't drive too close then take a look at the stone chips and double the distance to the car in front, even if clowns sometimes then fill the gap.
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

Kryton

Post by Kryton » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:27 am

Nickm wrote:I have a good relationship with some high up customer service directors, so worth a try....
:rofl: do they come into your employers shop for their sandwiches, It's been alleged Jan has left (taken her Nissan Figaro with her), I'm not surprised given (IMO) you live in a dream world :roll:

a11y
Lifer
Lifer

Post by a11y » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:47 am

I know this doesn't help now, but if you're bothered about stone chips why did you buy a dark colour? I assumed everyone knows that dark colours show up paint imperfections and chips far worse than a lighter colour such as silver. This obvsiously limits you somewhat colour-wise, but if it bothers folk that much then it's an option.
::::: e90 330i M Sport :::::

playalistic

Post by playalistic » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:55 am

Kryton wrote:
:rofl: do they come into your employers shop for their sandwiches, It's been alleged Jan has left (taken her Nissan Figaro with her), I'm not surprised given (IMO) you live in a dream world :roll:
Ha, way to make yourself sound like an utter w****r :thumbsup:

PaulN

Post by PaulN » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:06 am

Having a new car and knowing how many miles you do why didnt you get the front covered in protection film? I would have had the bumper and bonnet done maybe even the wings too.

Cheers

PaulN
Everything Happens for a Reason!

14 TT Black Edition
07 Z4 2.0 SE Jet Black
06 Freelander Sport Java Black

Half Colin

Post by Half Colin » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:18 pm

A guy with many years experience of high mileage driving knows that stone chips happen and are related to miles driven. Yet after 1 year of ownership and I guess 25k miles, just notices stone chips and decides to complain! You ask if you're over reacting - sorry but yes you are. Moreover, most people will see this as someone trying it on to get a freebie warranty fix before changing their car.
Now E92 330D M Sport, Sapphire Black, AC Schnitzers and carbon badges soon
Sold E86 3.0si Sport, Sapphire Black, AC Schnitzers, carbon badges, ZHP, stubby and NO RUNFLATS!

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:01 pm

Guy = Girl :D

a11y, unfortunately they chose to use a dark undercoat on silver for some reason, and a light undercoat for the darker colours. No idea why ...
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

a11y
Lifer
Lifer

Post by a11y » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:03 pm

pvr wrote:Guy = Girl :D

a11y, unfortunately they chose to use a dark undercoat on silver for some reason, and a light undercoat for the darker colours. No idea why ...
Seriously?! Learn something new everyday, although to be fair my logic is right: it's just BMW's that is off in this case...
::::: e90 330i M Sport :::::

pvr
Legend
Legend

Post by pvr » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:11 pm

Black undercoat on the metal bits, white undercoat on the plastic bits for light colours.
Current:
911-50 Black - unique spec
X5M - 575 hp of fun in a V8
Abarth 595 Comp.
Golf Clipper - collectors item
Z4 3.0si Black Sapphire
VW ID.3

Previous:
Z4M Silver Grey - non flimper spec (gone to Bing)
Z4 3.0 Toledo

roofless

Post by roofless » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:29 pm

I have some serious chips on my bonnet, much more than on my 2 previous 3 series, can't help but think this is also something to do with the styling, the bonnet is just begging to be a target. Personally i don't think the paint jobs on bmws are that great, looking at mine, in the good old days, i would have called it an orange-peel finish and no self respecting paintshop would have sent the car out looking like that. But hey that's probably just me being narky. I sympathise with you sars, sounds like we all are suffering the same. My Z is just coming up to 30,000 miles and i am seemingly in the same boat as you :(
E89 35i manual, deep sea blue, pure white design package, adaptive M Sport suspension, multi spoke 293
'There's nothing so beautiful as the lingering scent of a warm summers day caressing you gently on the passing night air'

Z4andy

Post by Z4andy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:30 am

I'm on my second E89

The paint finish/quality is rubbish for a so called "premium manufacturer" and the build quality poor.

The is front bumper isnt fitted straight, the exhausts were not fitted properly, the splash guards in the front wheel arches had no nuts or screws holding them on NONE! and the rear lights keep filling up with water.

Other than that the car is fabulous :driving: Today the sun was out and Andy was a happy man :thumbsup:

I still think the paint on current BMWs chip very easily, it seems brittle, so a small impact takes out a chuck rather than leaving a little "dint" in the paint.