Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Comfort access question

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Zed Five

Comfort access question

Post by Zed Five » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:39 am

Hi,

does anyone have have a car which has Comfort Access as an option please? ~I understand that amongst other things, it lifts the roof out of the boot (when the roof is down of course) to allo better access.

- I haven't seen this but wondered 'what happens'. - I.e. to lift the roof the boot lid normally hinges at the back of the car. however this wouldn't help you much if accessing the boot.

- what happens with the bootlit then??

Just interested..
:)
Why is it that people who can't take advice always insist on giving it? 

E89 35is | BMW S1000rr Motorsport Ed.

davidmbell

Re: Comfort access question

Post by davidmbell » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:57 am

Comfort access isn't just about the boot, it allows you to unlock by just lifting door handle, and lock by swiping your finger on the lock, it also allows you to start the car without ever needing to take the key from your pocket/bag, or open the boot just by lifting the handle.

As for the boot, if your roof is down, and you quickly double press and hold the boot button on the remote, the boot lid lifts rearwards, the roof portion goes up, then the boot lid goes down again, and then opens - leaving the roof portion part open (rear clam on top of main top) and allowing you access to your boot.

Its a sort of half compromise and shaves all of 5 seconds off the non comfort mode....!

The Astra convertible in the UK has a better boot access mechanism, where it lifts the roof slghtly from in the boot giving better access to the opening (very hard to see but at 22/23 seconds on this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ncu88SiB2E& if lifts the mechanism while the boot lid is open. Much quicker.

I wouldn't buy comfort access for the this fancy boot trick, but would for the other convenience.

David
< < < < FOR SALE > > > >
2009 SDrive35i / Deep Sea Blue / Pure White Design etc etc etc
http://www.z4bmw.co.uk

zebedee

Post by zebedee » Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:51 pm

davidmbell wrote:As for the boot, if your roof is down, and you quickly double press and hold the boot button on the remote, the boot lid lifts rearwards, the roof portion goes up, then the boot lid goes down again, and then opens - leaving the roof portion part open (rear clam on top of main top) and allowing you access to your boot.

Its a sort of half compromise and shaves all of 5 seconds off the non comfort mode....!
Ta very much for that, had read it in't manual but not practiced actually playing :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Alpine White sDrive35i with Ivory White Exclusive Nappa leather, 7sdct auto, V spoke 296's and now a smart top !

ScottM

Post by ScottM » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:07 am

>> if your roof is down, and you quickly double press and hold the boot button on the remote

Does this actually work on UK-spec cars? I have comfort access, and have repeatedly followed the "convenience loading" instructions in the handbook (the same as you say here), but all it does is pop the boot open without moving the roof. How "quickly" is "quickly double press" - maybe I'm being too slow (the manual says "within one second" and I was definitely quicker than that)?

Thanks!

davidmbell

Post by davidmbell » Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:06 am

You are holding the button on the 2nd click aren't you?
< < < < FOR SALE > > > >

ScottM

Post by ScottM » Tue Apr 05, 2011 11:39 am

>> you are holding the button on the 2nd click

Yes: press, release, press-n-hold-until-something-happens

The only thing that happens is after a few seconds the boot pops open, the same as if I'd pressed-n-held it just once.

If it's supposed to work (which your reply implies, thank you) I'll go and experiment some more...

davidmbell

Post by davidmbell » Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:02 pm

ScottM wrote:>> you are holding the button on the 2nd click

Yes: press, release, press-n-hold-until-something-happens

The only thing that happens is after a few seconds the boot pops open, the same as if I'd pressed-n-held it just once.

If it's supposed to work (which your reply implies, thank you) I'll go and experiment some more...
Certainly works on mine. Make sure batteries in remote are good as I found it was a bit less reactive if they were low.

David
< < < < FOR SALE > > > >