Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

MY IDRIVE DOESNT HAVE TELEPHONE MODE !!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
CanTURK

MY IDRIVE DOESNT HAVE TELEPHONE MODE !!

Post by CanTURK » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:00 am

I got my car z4 35is on saturday ; its amazing ;
How ever I am so suprised and disappointed;
My i drive menu doesnt have telephone;

I know navigation professional system include telephone;
My car even have voice control ı dont understand why telephone not exist?

Can it be work after software upgrade ? web configurater also says navigation and bluetoooth can not be purchased together due to i dricve has it already;

Hope to hear from you guys
Thank you.

Wondermike

Re: MY IDRIVE DOESNT HAVE TELEPHONE MODE !!

Post by Wondermike » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:59 am

Bluetooth is an option in the UK even if you have nav, are you 100% sure that it is included :idunno:

Congrats on the car :)

CanTURK

Post by CanTURK » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:02 am

I am not sure of anyhing; but web configurators delete bluetooth option when u have i dirve and navigation; its so annoying :headbang: :headbang:

Thank you

navid.v
Lifer
Lifer

Post by navid.v » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:05 pm

friend of mine bought an X1 and when he ordered he asked for the nav with bluetooth and was told by the salesman that if he goes for the professional nav,this will be standard which was not the case!

he managed to get this done via a 3rd party company (sort of retrofit) and dealer had to pick the cost up as he wasn't happy.

you need to select a few different things on the configurator to add bluetooth with nav (can't remember exactly what though).

Z4andy

Post by Z4andy » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:58 am

^^^^^^^^^^^

I went through this crap when ordering my iS.

I was told I could not now have BT without the NAV?!?!?! (My last E89 had the BT option and I don't need nav). Apparently they had changed the options.

I even phoned BMW to make sure my dealer was correct and they were actually rather rude about this and just kept saying "take it up with your dealer" (I had ordered the car and he called me in a panic about the BT).
I even confiqured the car online and yet BMW themselves to me "you can't have it talk to your dealer".

Well guess what? I got BT without the nav. Seems to have been a bit of a confusion somewhere with the ordering system at the time.

Didn't like BMWs customer cares attitude at all. I was only making an enquiry :headbang:

CanTURK

Post by CanTURK » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:00 am

Turkish BMW distributor is kinda crap; could you please check in your countries that is it fixable now? or late for anything :( ?

its bothering me much more than lack of BT system; Two keys both i dirve and steering wheel TEL buttons doesnt work so lame :( so what will I control with Voice control ? Sales guy doesnt tell even you bought VC but this car doesnt have telephone even.

navid.v
Lifer
Lifer

Post by navid.v » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:31 pm

I posted these before,have a read,might help you:

http://www.z4-forum.com/forum/viewtopic ... th#p324687

CanTURK

Post by CanTURK » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:47 am

Ty dear Navid its interestiong but ı l try to solve with original system first

navid.v
Lifer
Lifer

Post by navid.v » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:00 am

CanTURK wrote:Ty dear Navid its interestiong but ı l try to solve with original system first
no worries mate :)

CanTURK

Post by CanTURK » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:11 pm

LOL my issue made earth quake in BMW Turkey; No body has no idea why configurator delete BT Preparation when navigation system chosen.

They feel ashame and wait news from germany.

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:26 pm

Slightly confused here - why buy a car and not be sure what spec it has........until after you have taken delivery. :o
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

CanTURK

Post by CanTURK » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:33 am

AlanJ wrote:Slightly confused here - why buy a car and not be sure what spec it has........until after you have taken delivery. :o
Even bmw germany dıoesnt have an answer for this; They made a wrong informing configurator;
Go try by yourself in uk website ; When you buy navigation it erase blletooth preparation

And ı asked to seller guy he said its standart in navigation; Damned dumb people all over the world;
German configurator maker; Turkish seller; its not my fault BT missing :((

The funny thing is retrofit kit is not working with z4 made after 09/2010
ı am still on it... :headbang: