Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Security code for wheel lock

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Solidgold

Security code for wheel lock

Post by Solidgold » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:52 am

Lost my wheel lock lug (comes in the tool kit). Trying to order a replacement. I got this slip of paper that has a
printed manufacturing date on the first line and a series of numbers on the 2nd line in the BMW wallet (where you keep
the service booklet and manual). Is this the security code for the wheel lock?

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Re: Security code for wheel lock

Post by AlanJ » Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:14 am

BMW dealer should be able to help. If it's a BMW original lug then they have a set at the dealers (normally) and can give you the details to order a new one.
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

a11y
Lifer
Lifer

Post by a11y » Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:06 pm

My Z4 came without a locking wheel lug. I took the car along to the dealer, someone from the parts department came out with a case of about 100 different lugs and tried them on my nuts until he found the matching one. I was then able to order the required one, cost approx GBP £5.00 I think.
::::: e90 330i M Sport :::::

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:27 pm

So just to get this right - you go to the dealer they check it against theirs and from the one that fits you order a new one.... :poke: :rofl:
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sk93 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:53 pm

AlanJ wrote:So just to get this right - you go to the dealer they check it against theirs and from the one that fits you order a new one.... :poke: :rofl:
no no no.. you go to a dealer, and he sticks his lugs against your nuts, then you pay him a fiver.
:zzzz:

a11y
Lifer
Lifer

Post by a11y » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:20 pm

sk93 wrote:
AlanJ wrote:So just to get this right - you go to the dealer they check it against theirs and from the one that fits you order a new one.... :poke: :rofl:
no no no.. you go to a dealer, and he sticks his lugs against your nuts, then you pay him a fiver.
:rofl:

It is possible to say ANYTHING on here without an element of innuendo?

To be fair, my Z4 didn't have any note of which of the hundred or so locking wheel nut designs it had, so the easiest way for them was to do that - their solution, not mine!
::::: e90 330i M Sport :::::

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:23 pm

sk93 wrote: no no no.. you go to a dealer, and he sticks his lugs against your nuts, then you pay him a fiver.
Stunning... :rofl: :thumbsup:

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Thu Jul 01, 2010 3:24 pm

a11y wrote:
It is possible to say ANYTHING on here without an element of innuendo?

That'll be a NO then! :rofl:

sk93
Lifer
Lifer

Post by sk93 » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:45 pm

it's a busy, busy day at work today..... :wink:
:zzzz:

mcbeee
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mcbeee » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:34 pm

Yes it is, :rofl: :rofl: We are having "Canada Day", July 1st. A national holiday BUT I am supervising (babysitting) a crew of fitters and welders etc while they put a 2500 psi sour water line back together and into the ground. Oh joy :roll: :roll:
Sold the Z4 M Roadster and a 911 Carrera S now I have a 2021 Z4 3.0i
8) 8) 8)