Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

I bit of advice pleae

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
m999psw

I bit of advice pleae

Post by m999psw » Sun May 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Hi,
I had a really annoying roof noise/ rattle and a small water leak through the window at the top of the mirror that I thought it was about time to get sorted. I dropped the car off to my local dealer on Monday for them to have a look on Tuesday. They phone Tuesday to say they needed an extra day - no problem. On Wednesday they phone and asked to keep it another day - no probelm.
So Thursday afternoon they phoned and said it was ready. I went to pick it up and the guy said that it the roof had been reshimmed and taped and felted and that the water leak had been fixed. I did specifficaly ask them not to wash the car and he confirmed they was the case. So when I saw the car it was in a bit of a mess where they had been obviously been spraying water at it. The next thing I noticed was the fuel which gave a warning of 4 miles left in the tank - I had dropped it off with half a tank but new that they would need to test drive it to cure the roof noise - but I don't run any car that low.
So today been the first chance to clean the car which has been in my garage since but all of the dried water marks are still there, the roof still has a noise from the same place and now the fuel pump (the one in the tank that I have had changed before) is making the same faulty sound.
I can take it back and let them hear the fuel pump and roof noise but what do you think about the paint? I have tried some Berry Juice qucik detailer and some polish in a localised area but it hasn't improved it much.

Paul