Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

My new Z4 finally arrived at my dealer!

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
DAGSZ4

My new Z4 finally arrived at my dealer!

Post by DAGSZ4 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:19 pm

My 2010 35i finally arrived at my dealer. I went to view it and it is amazing! I won't be taking delivery until this Friday as I am having my roll bars painted. I did take some pictures, but the car has not been cleaned up, so I will wait to post pictures. I also took pictures of my '06 Monaco Blue Z4 side by side with my new one from every angle.

2010 35i
Orion Silver
Ivory white nappa extended leather
Premium Package
Premium Sound Package
Sport Package w/ 18" 293's
Cold Weather Package
Navigation
6 speed manual

The only options that I did not take were comfort access, smartphone integration, and park distance control. It looks like I will be taking delivery on Friday as they had to order a set of back covers for the roll bars because I am told that they usually crack when removed.

chetalien

Re: My new Z4 finally arrived at my dealer!

Post by chetalien » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:51 pm

SOunds nice, I bet u cant wait until friday. Its going to be a long wait

AlanJ
Lifer
Lifer

Post by AlanJ » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Just a bit of advice - before you sign on the dotted line, hand over your hard earned cash CHECK THE CAR THOROUGHLY and take your time. You've waited this long another hour won't hurt.I'm sure it will be fantastic but if not it becomes all too difficult to rectify once you have left the showroom. Enjoy the new ride :thumbsup:
///M tri colour steering wheel, mud flaps and loads of other extras! ZHP illuminated gear lever..... Pre Purchase Checks,Getting the Best out of Dealers http://www.bmwz4roadster.net

DAGSZ4

Post by DAGSZ4 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:33 pm

Yes, it is going to be a long week for sure. I am a fanatic about my cars so I will definetely go over everything before I take delivery. I do notice even the smallest thing that most people would overlook. Example: I had seen the new valve stem caps that are silver and bigger than the standard plastic ones that even bicycles have. I really liked them. Every Z4 that I have seen has them. I look at my car when I first got the call from my salesman and my car does not have them. It has the grey small plastic ones.

Now mind you, I bought the chrome plated Z4 logo stem caps for my last Z4 and they lasted about two weeks before they mysteriously disappeared. I figured the new ones that they have been using would look better and not be stolen. I told my salesman about that already and he is going to change them. A minor picky issue, but none the less.

paddy wright
Lifer
Lifer

Post by paddy wright » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:52 pm

pics!!
Z4 2.2 sterling grey,Msport seats,retrofit cupholders,cruise,footwell lights,sound gen and mfsw,18"ellipsoids,xenons+light washers,ZHPknob,folding mirrors,3"stubby,update wheel caps,gateway300 ipod, wind deflector to keep the wife happy!

Kryton

Post by Kryton » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:44 pm

I'm looking to order the Orion Silver but yet to see it in the flesh!

DAGSZ4

Post by DAGSZ4 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:41 am

Kryton wrote:I'm looking to order the Orion Silver but yet to see it in the flesh!
I think it looks much better in the flesh than on the computer. When the Z4 was first released, I couldn't decide between the Deep Sea Blue or the Orion Silver. After seeing some pictures of the Orion on the internet, I decided to go with the Deep Sea Blue. Sometimes the Orion looked different in some of the internet pictures. I decided to play it safe and go with the Deep Sea Blue. One day I saw an Orion Silver in the showroom and I was blown away. It did look better in person and I decided to go back to the Orion Silver. I am taking delivery this Saturday. I like the fact that the Orion Silver color is exclusive to the Z4, too.

ironman69

Post by ironman69 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:49 am

AlanJ wrote:Just a bit of advice - before you sign on the dotted line, hand over your hard earned cash CHECK THE CAR THOROUGHLY and take your time. You've waited this long another hour won't hurt.I'm sure it will be fantastic but if not it becomes all too difficult to rectify once you have left the showroom. Enjoy the new ride :thumbsup:
Hi There
I couldn't agree more.
I have a post running at the moment about paint defects, try and check it over under flourscent lights if you can. Hopefully you won't have any problems, but the acid rain etchings I have happened before I took ownership.
Otherwise enjoy what is a great car!!

Kryton

Post by Kryton » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:11 pm

DAGSZ4 wrote:
Kryton wrote:I'm looking to order the Orion Silver but yet to see it in the flesh!
I think it looks much better in the flesh than on the computer. When the Z4 was first released, I couldn't decide between the Deep Sea Blue or the Orion Silver. After seeing some pictures of the Orion on the internet, I decided to go with the Deep Sea Blue. Sometimes the Orion looked different in some of the internet pictures. I decided to play it safe and go with the Deep Sea Blue. One day I saw an Orion Silver in the showroom and I was blown away. It did look better in person and I decided to go back to the Orion Silver. I am taking delivery this Saturday. I like the fact that the Orion Silver color is exclusive to the Z4, too.

Thanks, I saw the D/S/Blue today in the flesh and it does look good, just hope I can make my mind up when I see the Orion Silver and a good point about the exclusivity of this colour.

Kryters

cj10jeeper
Lifer
Lifer

Post by cj10jeeper » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:34 pm

I saw an Orion silver all prepped and 'sold' in a dealers showroom today in. It looked simply stunning :thumbsup:
Jaguar F-Type 3.0 Supercharged V6 S, Stratus Grey, LSD, Active Exhaust, CF wheels, Performance brakes, Sports seats and mods ongoing
Gone but not forgotten Z4 3.0i SE Roadster ///M front, Red ///M leather seats, Aero sills

DAGSZ4

Post by DAGSZ4 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:25 pm

cj10jeeper wrote:I saw an Orion silver all prepped and 'sold' in a dealers showroom today in. It looked simply stunning :thumbsup:
My sentiments exactly. That is what I thought when I saw the Orion Silver for the first time in the showroom.