Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Brake fluid reset

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Jasonn

Brake fluid reset

Post by Jasonn » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:19 pm

Evening all

Got a bit of an issue witg the brake fluid reset - all is good but i get the annoying nag screen appearing.

Ive tried the mileage button as seen on all the you tube videos and they dont work.

Ive looked on the "how tos" section and when i press the button for the second time i getva load of gernan stuff appearing and my chassis number but no brake fluid icon (my German is limited to "achtung spitfire" and "dumbkopf").

Mine is a 2016 N20 with iDrive - am i going to have to get carista or buy a drink for my local indy?

Beeacon

Brake fluid reset

Post by Beeacon » Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:47 pm

I had to do this recently as my indy forgot to reset it, and I think the following worked (I too tried the method mentioned on the forums and couldn't get it to work).

Disclaimer: 2009 35i w/ iDrive.

1. Start car (not just the ignition)
2. Press and hold the odometer reset button until a warning triangle comes on the dash
3. Press the BC button on the stalk until the brake fluid symbol comes up
4. Press and hold the BC button and you will see a little clock symbol come up for reset, after a few seconds it will be reset.
Current: Still thinking...
Past: 2009 BMW Z4 35i sDrive DCT
Past: 1997 BMW Z3 2.8 wide boy

Jasonn

Brake fluid reset

Post by Jasonn » Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:05 pm

Brilliant - that has worked perfectly - thanks 😁