Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Scan tool advice please !

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Roddy

Post by Roddy » Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:17 am

I wondered what anyone's experience with Autel is... I recently bought an Autel MD806, looks good and price was acceptable. Plugged onto my 20i, scanner couldn't find it. It could however find 30i and 35i.
So I mailed customer support who advised me to update the firmware, which I did. Still not there...
Contacted again, and got this:
"Re-checked with senior engineer, MD806 can not support you vehicle by manually selecting Vehicle Information, but it can support it by Auto Scan"

Can't possibly understand why, there were many, many BMW models on the list, so I returned it to the vendor.

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:50 pm

Roddy wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:17 am I wondered what anyone's experience with Autel is... I recently bought an Autel MD806, looks good and price was acceptable. Plugged onto my 20i, scanner couldn't find it. It could however find 30i and 35i.
So I mailed customer support who advised me to update the firmware, which I did. Still not there...
"Re-checked with senior engineer, MD806 can not support you vehicle by manually selecting Vehicle Information, but it can support it by Auto Scan"

Can't possibly understand why, there were many, many BMW models on the list, so I returned it to the vendor.
QED :thumbsup:

sumotan

Post by sumotan » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:13 pm

Roddy wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 8:17 am I wondered what anyone's experience with Autel is... I recently bought an Autel MD806, looks good and price was acceptable. Plugged onto my 20i, scanner couldn't find it. It could however find 30i and 35i.
"Re-checked with sen ior engineer, MD806 can not support you vehicle by manually selecting Vehicle Information, but it can support it by Auto Scan"

Go buy an Ancel BM700, works like a dream & very easy to use.

Cheers

Roddy

Post by Roddy » Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:34 am

sumotan wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:13 pm
Go buy an Ancel BM700, works like a dream & very easy to use.

Cheers
Thanks for that, but I'm looking for something not limited to BMW cars. Wife has a Honda....

clarker63

Post by clarker63 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:01 am

I'm very disappointed with the foxwell "experience" at the moment. its really hard on their website to guess what all their models do - there's too many and their customer service which promises "a few minutes" is very slow (more like hours, and sometimes even days).

On advice from here (and from their customer service), I purchased the nt530 with 2 VINs last week (i have a suzuki grand vitara too that I'd like to use it with). it said it was dispatched the next day, yet it obviously wasn't as the royal mail tracking number said "Sender despatching item". yesterday I asked where it was and its now with royal mail, but no response from them to apologise or give any reason why.

Totally unimpressed with their website, their customer service and hoping not to be unimpressed with the product.... Will post my findings on a separate thread.... but so far Foxwell = :thumbsdown:

Pbondar

Post by Pbondar » Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:29 am

clarker63 wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:01 am I'm very disappointed with the foxwell "experience" at the moment. its really hard on their website to guess what all their models do - there's too many and their customer service which promises "a few minutes" is very slow (more like hours, and sometimes even days).

On advice from here (and from their customer service), I purchased the nt530 with 2 VINs last week (i have a suzuki grand vitara too that I'd like to use it with). it said it was dispatched the next day, yet it obviously wasn't as the royal mail tracking number said "Sender despatching item". yesterday I asked where it was and its now with royal mail, but no response from them to apologise or give any reason why.

Totally unimpressed with their website, their customer service and hoping not to be unimpressed with the product.... Will post my findings on a separate thread.... but so far Foxwell = :thumbsdown:
The product is a lot better than their website :thumbsup: