Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Parts

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
clarker63

Parts

Post by clarker63 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:10 am

Kiwi_Mike wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:43 pm I was asked for photos so always try to include a photo with each new thread.
thats the rule in the newbie thread, but dont stop, we love seeing Z4s! :thumbsup:

look on realoem.com with your vin number, you'll find all the part numbers you need..
35is, sadly gone, but not forgotten.

Kiwi_Mike

Parts

Post by Kiwi_Mike » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:29 am

clarker63 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:09 am
Kiwi_Mike wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:43 am parts you’d order
yes LCI lights and salmon relays are sensible parts to request (and a stubby of course! :rofl: :fuelfire: ) I can't think of anything else other than service parts, unless you're going to need need more expensive things like HPFP. Check out the list on the forum of things that go wrong.

We have relatives in Christchurch and we know how expensive it is to send things to NZ.. Fortunately those things are all relatively light.
We are also in Christchurch. It’s a nice place to live.

What is the deal with the stubby? Was it an option? Or a LCI update? My car came with one, not sure if it was factory fitted or added by a previous owner.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Parts

Post by enuff_zed » Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:50 pm

Kiwi_Mike wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:29 am What is the deal with the stubby? Was it an option? Or a LCI update? My car came with one, not sure if it was factory fitted or added by a previous owner.
The stubby was amongst the very rare 'devaluation' options: available only to a select few who could not see the inherent beauty of the illustrious whippy and insisted on chavifying their otherwise perfect Zs. :poke:

You may find other opinions that differ somewhat. I can only apologise in advance for that. :roll: :D
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pbondar

Parts

Post by Pbondar » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:32 pm

The parts issue is in part (pun) a question of how much downtime do you want to risk when/if things go wrong?

if you look at these couple of examples you may want to pre-emptively buy some gaskets etc..

You can never have anough spark plugs /oil and air filters...

https://bmwtuning.co/8-most-common-bmw- ... -problems/

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/the-definitive ... n54-engine