Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Car insurance renewal

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Car insurance renewal

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:46 pm

Ming wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:18 pm After seeing that LV could be a cheaper option, I spent 10 mins on their website trying to get a quote for the Zed..... only to be turned down as my job doesn't fit in with their acceptable profiles!!
I'm a part time self employed courier and drive like a vicar in the van, but I guess they think we're all Hamilton wannabees and drive like tw@ts
That probably based on white van man and his driving antics - I assume they did not believe that you were using the zed as a delivery vehicle?
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Ming

Car insurance renewal

Post by Ming » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:06 pm

Nope. I made that clear. Z4's don't make very good delivery vehicles. Not when you're delivering flat pack furniture, trees, compost etc etc....
I do like to go topless......
....... in my remapped 20i in Valencia Orange with Black Roof :driving:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Car insurance renewal

Post by Ole gits rule » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:09 pm

Ming wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:06 pm Nope. I made that clear. Z4's don't make very good delivery vehicles. Not when you're delivering flat pack furniture, trees, compost etc etc....
Well I am sure my misses would have me try to get some stuff from Ikea in mine - good job my lad has a T5 :rofl:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Car insurance renewal

Post by Pondrew » Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:26 pm

Ming wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:18 pm After seeing that LV could be a cheaper option, I spent 10 mins on their website trying to get a quote for the Zed..... only to be turned down as my job doesn't fit in with their acceptable profiles!!
I'm a part time self employed courier and drive like a vicar in the van, but I guess they think we're all Hamilton wannabees and drive like tw@ts
Problem I think is that you are not an "average middle-aged driver" for their criteria. LV are cheap within a limited criteria. The word "COURIER" probably throws up a red flag to them.
Driving like a vicar in a van will not translate to their (or any underwriters') statistical algorithms.

Vehicle insurance is all about statistical risk. There is a national database that ALL insurance underwriters have access to and use to ascertain your "risk". Different insurers look at these risks, based on your risk history, using computer algorithms these days. Certain insurance companies target different "risk" markets at any one time because they assess it will make them more money. The trick is finding the insurer (not the broker) that is targeting your "risk" at the time to get the lowest premium. They don't want to make it easy (a bit like trying to find the cheapest energy supplier) :D
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!