Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Sytners yes to roof but don't know when getting car back

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
2k35is

Post by 2k35is » Tue Jun 01, 2021 8:28 pm

Following on from GWest44 post about getting roof "corrosion" repaired at Sytners finally took mine in last Monday to have work done and asked them whilst car was there to have a look at whine from turbo ( reported by RAC when I bought the car back in November last year). Reported as a slight whistle from turbo at low speeds. Only drove 750 miles in it and I'd notice it at tickover and round about 2000 revs. Once above about 2200 revs noise disappeared completely.
Paint work completed last Wednesday and whine/whistle diagnosed as a faulty fuel pump!
Opposite end of car and no signs of any fuel starvation/hiccups in power delivery. Left it with them on Thursday with advise that the fuel pump on order.
Health diagnosis also picked up on 2 oil leaks from engine, rocker cover gasket and oil filter area. They confirmed would be covered by warranty and could be done at same time. Both had been picked up by RAC but not as needing immediate attention.
Find out today no fuel pump in UK and on order from Germany currently with no indication of a delivery. Car has been stood in garage untouched since last Thursday just didn't know it. So missed out on roof down sunshine and Thoresby Classic car show visit in Z'd (not the same in other car).
So not seen roof paintwork and currently don't know when I'll get car back. Sytners have a lot to learn about customer communication number of phone calls since Thursday in double digits with minimal information from them. Not impressed just hope they get in sorted quickly. Asked them to take car out again to see if they can hear whistle and look at rear damper(adjustableable suspension) reported with misting/leak at MOT Sept 2018 and 2019.
Thankfully insured warranty in place to hopefully only £250 bill
Dec 2009 Z4 35i DCT Deep Sea Blue
2018 3 door Cooper S DCT
sold 2003 e46 330ci Convertible

SV8Predator

Post by SV8Predator » Tue Jun 01, 2021 9:47 pm

Why don't you get the car back until the fuel pump is available? The sun is still shining!
2012 Z4 2.0 M-Sport Atacama Yellow
2000 Z3 3.0
2016 Vauxhall GTC Sunny Melon Yellow
2000 Jaguar X308 Sovereign 4.0
1969 Jensen Interceptor 6.3 litre