Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mid-life crisis car?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by Mr Tidy » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:07 pm

Pondrew wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:04 pm Argyll Andy wrote: ↑Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:15 pm
You’ll be in trouble boy, you never added “and my wife’s not ugly”
I'm a lot of things Andrew, but I'm not a liar :lol:
Well credit where it's due - you're certainly brave! :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by Pondrew » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:11 pm

Mr Tidy wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:07 pm Well credit where it's due - you're certainly brave!
I'm not. She will never, ever read any of this sh*t. Jesting apart; my wife is the best looking woman I'm married to! :lol:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!

ProfCJJ

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by ProfCJJ » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:32 am

My car is parked out the back under a cover - if I don’t use a cover it gets covered with tree sap and bird poo in no time. I have a security camera out the back too - I get notifications when movement is detected etc and it records segments with audio. The other day I got a notification at midnight with a neighbour out back parking his car next to mine, guffawing and telling his mate to “mind the Ferrari” under the cover, and his mate retorts back that it “ain’t a Ferrari it’s a Lambo” - laughing their heads off. .... they said this as they dragged their arses out of a battered white van carrying six packs of cheap lager each .... 🤷‍♂️
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.

AnubisZed

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by AnubisZed » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:00 am

Go on then I'll join in with this one :lol:
Yes I've had this when I first got mine, but as I point out to them I've always had sports or sporty cars all my driving life so this is no different.
As mentioned above its normally from people who either can't have one, never had one or just prefer to be high up in their people carriers or SUV's, that's their choice I'm certainly not bothered what they drive so why should they care what I drive, each to their own :driving: drive what you like, and if you don't like it then do something about it! :thumbsup:
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:23 am

ProfCJJ wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:32 am My car is parked out the back under a cover - if I don’t use a cover it gets covered with tree sap and bird poo in no time. I have a security camera out the back too - I get notifications when movement is detected etc and it records segments with audio. The other day I got a notification at midnight with a neighbour out back parking his car next to mine, guffawing and telling his mate to “mind the Ferrari” under the cover, and his mate retorts back that it “ain’t a Ferrari it’s a Lambo” - laughing their heads off. .... they said this as they dragged their arses out of a battered white van carrying six packs of cheap lager each .... 🤷‍♂️
See, if that was me, I'd put a sign on the cover saying "Please mind the Ferrari", so they know they've been heard. It'll keep them guessing for a while. :thumbsup:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:21 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:23 am
ProfCJJ wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:32 am My car is parked out the back under a cover - if I don’t use a cover it gets covered with tree sap and bird poo in no time. I have a security camera out the back too - I get notifications when movement is detected etc and it records segments with audio. The other day I got a notification at midnight with a neighbour out back parking his car next to mine, guffawing and telling his mate to “mind the Ferrari” under the cover, and his mate retorts back that it “ain’t a Ferrari it’s a Lambo” - laughing their heads off. .... they said this as they dragged their arses out of a battered white van carrying six packs of cheap lager each .... 🤷‍♂️
See, if that was me, I'd put a sign on the cover saying "Please mind the Ferrari", so they know they've been heard. It'll keep them guessing for a while. :thumbsup:
Thats the sort of thing I would do and then add a mind the lamb sign to his van :D
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

biZ4rreMids

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by biZ4rreMids » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:30 pm

Having just retired at the grand old age of 54, the question that I find most irritating is “so what are you going to do”. Err hello, I’m not going to work!!
Speed Yellow Porsche Boxster S
Previous:
Melbourne red 2016 20i MSport with a few subtle mods
Titanium Silver 2004 3.0SE with run flats

brillomaster

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by brillomaster » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:52 pm

It is a weird question. I think a lot of the older generation are defined by what work they do, and therefore, if you stop working, you lose a sense of being.
But i work to live, not live to work. When i can live without working, i'll stop.

I work so i get money to do the things i want to do. I dont want to work.

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by mr.tourette » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:00 pm

I always find the retirement conversation interesting , I just cannot imagine giving up work, I'm not sure they'll be able to kick me out when i reach 67 even :D I must be one of the wierdos that enjoys going to work, I'm on a week off right now and cant wait to get back on Monday :o :lol:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

brillomaster

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by brillomaster » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:11 pm

What do you do? Maybe im just doing the wrong thing...

ProfCJJ

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by ProfCJJ » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:50 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:23 am See, if that was me, I'd put a sign on the cover saying "Please mind the Ferrari", so they know they've been heard. It'll keep them guessing for a while. :thumbsup:
I don't disagree - but then there is spiteful vandalism to contend with (probably). Yes, I'd probably have it on video if it happened but I'd rather just not go there!
---
Christopher

Z4 E89 sDrive 30i Msport in Alpine White with Kansas red leather interior and brushed aluminium carbon fibre look.

ProfCJJ

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by ProfCJJ » Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:54 pm

mr.tourette wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:00 pm I always find the retirement conversation interesting , I just cannot imagine giving up work, I'm not sure they'll be able to kick me out when i reach 67 even :D I must be one of the wierdos that enjoys going to work, I'm on a week off right now and cant wait to get back on Monday :o :lol:
I'm an academic, and whilst I am a way off retirement yet (53 this year), I can't even imagine stopping doing what I do - its my life! I will probably be one of those doddering Emeritus Professors given a desk in a corner somewhere whilst I continued to "do my thing" ... :D

Having said that I know of another academic, only slightly older than me who two years ago took early retirement from Uni of Stirling and moved to Portugal and sent an email to all his old colleagues saying, effectively, don't send me any work questions as I won't answer if you want me I will be in Portugal and we can talk about wine, sea and sand!! :rofl:
---
Christopher

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by Ole gits rule » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:16 pm

I'm an academic, and whilst I am a way off retirement yet (53 this year), I can't even imagine stopping doing what I do - its my life! I will probably be one of those doddering Emeritus Professors given a desk in a corner somewhere whilst I continued to "do my thing" ... :D

Having said that I know of another academic, only slightly older than me who two years ago took early retirement from Uni of Stirling and moved to Portugal and sent an email to all his old colleagues saying, effectively, don't send me any work questions as I won't answer if you want me I will be in Portugal and we can talk about wine, sea and sand!! :rofl:
[/quote]

No women - maybe a good thing :rofl:
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

YDB

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by YDB » Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:49 pm

I've had a couple of the 'mid-life crisis' comments and one of the 'hairdresser's car' comments. I just replied, 'No, no crisis, just having fun'. I gave them a little smile but my eyes usually give it away in these circumstances. They are clearly saying 'F#ck Off!', apparently. The acquaintance who was silly enough to make the hairdressers comment is bald. I reminded him that its been a long time since he used the word hairdresser. Haven't heard much from him lately. Maybe my eyes were doing their thing as well. I found both replies disarmed the witty clowns making the comments and life continued on. On the subject of retirement, if you love what you are doing then its hardly work. But as the former academic now residing in Portugal appears to have discovered, there is more to life if you go looking for it.
Z4 2012 28i Alpine White / Black with black M326 -19" wheels, tint, stubby, plus ...
2023 VW T-ROC R Lapiz Blue.

Deepseaskateboard

Mid-life crisis car?

Post by Deepseaskateboard » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:04 pm

YDB wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:49 pm I've had a couple of the 'mid-life crisis' comments and one of the 'hairdresser's car' comments. I just replied, 'No, no crisis, just having fun'. I gave them a little smile but my eyes usually give it away in these circumstances. They are clearly saying 'F#ck Off!', apparently. The acquaintance who was silly enough to make the hairdressers comment is bald. I reminded him that its been a long time since he used the word hairdresser. Haven't heard much from him lately. Maybe my eyes were doing their thing as well. I found both replies disarmed the witty clowns making the comments and life continued on. On the subject of retirement, if you love what you are doing then its hardly work. But as the former academic now residing in Portugal appears to have discovered, there is more to life if you go looking for it.
A Z4 in Portugal must be amazing!