Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

2 Years on and New LED Angel Eyes Bulbs

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Post by flybobbie » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:51 pm

Touch of the Mysterons in the one picture.

Yoghurt

Post by Yoghurt » Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:12 pm

Thanks for the great tip. Ordered a set and used the proof o rings as you suggested . Big improvement
Adil_3 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:10 pm Hi guys,

hopefully, I can be of some help to someone. So I've tested and tried out multiple variants of the LED h8 bulbs. From cheap ones to mediocre ones and just like yourself I stumbled across the video of the Novisight Bulbs.

I did a little bit of research (looked at the bulb and the type and specs) and took a gamble and ordered this h8 6500k led bulb that looked very similar to the novisights and cost me £9 including shipping:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vam6wT

My results going from a previous bulb that didn't light up the second halo very well to (all photos are taken in daylight at gloomy conditions however full daylight) :

Before:
IMG_7180.jpg

After:
IMG_7183.jpg

Much brighter and the outer halo lights up perfectly. For some reason, it showcases up as Yellow in this photo however this is the camera playing up its defo white.

The install was easy as there is no canbus add ons or faffs, the only downside is the o rings that were on the LED were slightly too bulky so had to replace them with the original Osram H8 bulb o ring. Installing wise there was no issue getting it into the housing super easy quite sleek and same as the Osram bulbs place in, twist and connect the cable.
IMG_7184.jpg

But yeah hope this helps someone whos looking to do the upgrade from the bulbs to LED's and wants that white look. Ive tested multiple led's with different shapes sizes and strengths and for 10 pounds, a weeks and a bit of shipping time no errors can't really go wrong!

Also I'm not getting paid for the link just helping yall out!
E89 3.0i, Deep sea blue, stubby!

Adil_3

Post by Adil_3 » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:20 pm

Yoghurt wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:12 pm Thanks for the great tip. Ordered a set and used the proof o rings as you suggested . Big improvement
Adil_3 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:10 pm Hi guys,

hopefully, I can be of some help to someone. So I've tested and tried out multiple variants of the LED h8 bulbs. From cheap ones to mediocre ones and just like yourself I stumbled across the video of the Novisight Bulbs.

I did a little bit of research (looked at the bulb and the type and specs) and took a gamble and ordered this h8 6500k led bulb that looked very similar to the novisights and cost me £9 including shipping:
https://a.aliexpress.com/_vam6wT

My results going from a previous bulb that didn't light up the second halo very well to (all photos are taken in daylight at gloomy conditions however full daylight) :

Before:
IMG_7180.jpg

After:
IMG_7183.jpg

Much brighter and the outer halo lights up perfectly. For some reason, it showcases up as Yellow in this photo however this is the camera playing up its defo white.

The install was easy as there is no canbus add ons or faffs, the only downside is the o rings that were on the LED were slightly too bulky so had to replace them with the original Osram H8 bulb o ring. Installing wise there was no issue getting it into the housing super easy quite sleek and same as the Osram bulbs place in, twist and connect the cable.
IMG_7184.jpg

But yeah hope this helps someone whos looking to do the upgrade from the bulbs to LED's and wants that white look. Ive tested multiple led's with different shapes sizes and strengths and for 10 pounds, a weeks and a bit of shipping time no errors can't really go wrong!

Also I'm not getting paid for the link just helping yall out!
Im glad i could help!
I thought id post it because i wish someone told me 2 years ago 😂!

RAYK47

Post by RAYK47 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:22 pm

Sorry to dig up an old thread but interested in new bulbs (to go from the yellow to white angel eyes)

Are the £10 bulbs actually worth a punt?

Also do I need 4 bulbs (2 each side)

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:37 pm

RAYK47 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:22 pm Sorry to dig up an old thread but interested in new bulbs (to go from the yellow to white angel eyes)

Are the £10 bulbs actually worth a punt?

Also do I need 4 bulbs (2 each side)
I don't know about the £10 bulbs but you need two bulbs one for each side. Usually they are sold in packs or boxes of twos.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

RAYK47

Post by RAYK47 » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:40 pm

Thanks silverstar. For a tenner I don't suppose it matters too much.

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:42 pm

RAYK47 wrote: Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:40 pm Thanks silverstar. For a tenner I don't suppose it matters too much.
Too true, it's worth a punt. :D
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red