Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Rear Pads

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
mcbutler

Rear Pads

Post by mcbutler » Tue May 11, 2021 12:45 pm

helmik wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:55 pm Grinding noise from the near side, checked and the n/s/r pads worn right down. £100 later from Eurocarparts, new Brembo pads fitted, new bolts, clips etc, took about 2 hours. Watched a YouTube video from Bavarian Motorsport to see how to overcome the electric handbrake. Easy job with the right tools.
Now sat drinking wine with the girlfriend in the garden, quick Sunday morning job, once I did an 80 mile round trip to mine to get the tools I needed!! In a TT of all things.
Cheers, have fun,
Mick
£100 - you are joking surely
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

helmik

Rear Pads

Post by helmik » Tue May 11, 2021 1:49 pm

mcbutler wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:45 pm
helmik wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:55 pm Grinding noise from the near side, checked and the n/s/r pads worn right down. £100 later from Eurocarparts, new Brembo pads fitted, new bolts, clips etc, took about 2 hours. Watched a YouTube video from Bavarian Motorsport to see how to overcome the electric handbrake. Easy job with the right tools.
Now sat drinking wine with the girlfriend in the garden, quick Sunday morning job, once I did an 80 mile round trip to mine to get the tools I needed!! In a TT of all things.
Cheers, have fun,
Mick
Nope, pads £80.99, clips, rubber boots and new bolts £20.99. That said, as I said earlier ECP started a sale on the day I collected that I wasn’t aware of which would have bought it down to around £60 for the lot.
Unsurprisingly ECP Customer Service have not replied to my email about it!!! Surely the price governing should be on the day you collect??
Mick

mcbutler

Rear Pads

Post by mcbutler » Tue May 11, 2021 1:53 pm

helmik wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:49 pm
mcbutler wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:45 pm
Cheers, have fun,
Mick
Nope, pads £80.99, clips, rubber boots and new bolts £20.99. That said, as I said earlier ECP started a sale on the day I collected that I wasn’t aware of which would have bought it down to around £60 for the lot.
Unsurprisingly ECP Customer Service have not replied to my email about it!!! Surely the price governing should be on the day you collect??
Mick
I replaced all my pads with EBC redstuff they came with all bolts etc for £75, far better than stock iron based pads and dust free....
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

helmik

Rear Pads

Post by helmik » Tue May 11, 2021 1:56 pm

mcbutler wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:53 pm
helmik wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:49 pm
mcbutler wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:45 pm £100 - you are joking surely
Mick
I replaced all my pads with EBC redstuff they came with all bolts etc for £75, far better than stock iron based pads and dust free....
Needs must and not a lot of options on a Sunday morning, 40 miles from home and unwilling to risk driving the car until it was fixed.
Given the choice I wouldn’t use ECP but I had to, to my loss!!
Mick

Pbondar

Rear Pads

Post by Pbondar » Tue May 11, 2021 5:09 pm

Silverstar wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:22 pm
Pbondar wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:44 pm Maybe you have just reached a point where the sensor is just about able to reset itself before it fully dies?

As brake pad wear sensors are designed to break or complete a circuit by contacting the brake rotor, they aren’t a reusable item. Brake pad wear sensors should be replaced with every brake pad change.
Yep this maybe the case I think and would certainly explain the lights appearing in the dash. I've got the pads sitting on the shelf, good job you reminded me about the sensor. I need to order it in and then book the car with the mechanic for next week.
:thumbsup: