What's the point of this heating control?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
User avatar
Pondrew
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1170
Joined: Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:20 pm
Location: Spaldingski

What's the point of this heating control?

Post by Pondrew » Thu May 06, 2021 4:47 pm

mcbutler wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:20 pm What the heck is LCI, seen it mentioned so many times but never thought to ask what it is!!?? DOH
Life Cycle Impulse. Basically BMW bullsh*t for a mid term facelift. Michael Jackson had a few LCIs! :D
E89 29i M sport. More power than a 28 but still an N20

User avatar
Pbondar
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3750
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:37 am
Location: Scottish Borders

What's the point of this heating control?

Post by Pbondar » Thu May 06, 2021 5:27 pm

ProfCJJ wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:48 am 38279B52-B95D-472D-AAA5-33F2E0E7D988.jpeg

Here’s a weird observation - the A/C dials on mine have the “frosty” A/C symbol as below ... as opposed to the A/C written above ... never noticed that before :D

1931F9CC-226A-44C3-AF9C-651EC8530947.jpeg
Interesting I wonder whether your car was a ‘grey import’?
2012 E89 N20 MSport Auto Atacama Yellow Fully Loaded plus some..details here.. https://www.dropbox.com/s/yqrmrnxmh7tq6 ... e.pdf?dl=0

User avatar
Stevo1987
Member
Member
Posts: 897
Joined: Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 pm
Location: Breckland, Norfolk

What's the point of this heating control?

Post by Stevo1987 » Thu May 06, 2021 6:12 pm

Pbondar wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 5:27 pm
ProfCJJ wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:48 am 38279B52-B95D-472D-AAA5-33F2E0E7D988.jpeg

Here’s a weird observation - the A/C dials on mine have the “frosty” A/C symbol as below ... as opposed to the A/C written above ... never noticed that before :D

1931F9CC-226A-44C3-AF9C-651EC8530947.jpeg
Interesting I wonder whether your car was a ‘grey import’?
It looks white to me. :poke: Mine is grey. :D
2014 Z4 e89 35is in mineral grey.

mcbutler
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1806
Joined: Fri May 26, 2017 3:40 pm
Location: Plymouth

What's the point of this heating control?

Post by mcbutler » Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 pm

Pondrew wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:47 pm
mcbutler wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:20 pm What the heck is LCI, seen it mentioned so many times but never thought to ask what it is!!?? DOH
Life Cycle Impulse. Basically BMW bullsh*t for a mid term facelift. Michael Jackson had a few LCIs! :D
Ah, ok, and what changed??
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

User avatar
mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 3317
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:16 am
Location: north wales

What's the point of this heating control?

Post by mr.tourette » Thu May 06, 2021 8:47 pm

mcbutler wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:20 pm What the heck is LCI, seen it mentioned so many times but never thought to ask what it is!!?? DOH :headbang:
Its basically the facelift e89 from 2013 on.. stands for life cycle impulse
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Online
User avatar
Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4668
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:59 pm
Location: Paisley

What's the point of this heating control?

Post by Nictrix » Thu May 06, 2021 9:24 pm

mcbutler wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 pm
Pondrew wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:47 pm
mcbutler wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:20 pm What the heck is LCI, seen it mentioned so many times but never thought to ask what it is!!?? DOH
Life Cycle Impulse. Basically BMW bullsh*t for a mid term facelift. Michael Jackson had a few LCIs! :D
Ah, ok, and what changed??
Visually , headlights and side indicators
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Roddy
Member
Member
Posts: 108
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:45 am
Location: Japan

What's the point of this heating control?

Post by Roddy » Fri May 07, 2021 2:50 am

mcbutler wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:20 pm What the heck is LCI, seen it mentioned so many times but never thought to ask what it is!!?? DOH :headbang:
Long Cock Indicator

Anything preceding shows some deficiency :rofl:

User avatar
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer
Posts: 4507
Joined: Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:05 am
Location: Attleborough, Norfolk

What's the point of this heating control?

Post by enuff_zed » Fri May 07, 2021 8:30 am

Roddy wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:50 am
mcbutler wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:20 pm What the heck is LCI, seen it mentioned so many times but never thought to ask what it is!!?? DOH :headbang:
Long Cock Indicator

Anything preceding shows some deficiency :rofl:
:roll:
Check too for the CCV.....................Complete Cock Variant! :wink:
E89 20i SDrive M Sport - Valencia Orange
E85 2.5i - Sterling Grey - Better half's fun car

Silverstar
Senior Member
Senior Member
Posts: 1714
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2019 10:06 am
Location: Costa Del Sol

What's the point of this heating control?

Post by Silverstar » Fri May 07, 2021 9:33 am

mcbutler wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 8:41 pm
Pondrew wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:47 pm
mcbutler wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:20 pm What the heck is LCI, seen it mentioned so many times but never thought to ask what it is!!?? DOH
Life Cycle Impulse. Basically BMW bullsh*t for a mid term facelift. Michael Jackson had a few LCIs! :D
Ah, ok, and what changed??
On this E89 not a lot at all. Side indicators, LED DRL headlights and some insignificant tiny amount of piano black trim on the inside. This is one model where it really doesn't matter if you have a Lci model or not. Same goes for M sport or SE trim, on the E89 I don't think the M Sport adds that much. On the other hand the F20 1 series was seriously revised for the LCI model year.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Post Reply