Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Joyriders in my Zed

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Ming

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by Ming » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:17 pm

ronk wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:08 pm
firebobby wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 pm You can send video footage of someone speeding and driving dangerously and the police will be interested.
There's a an aggressive cycling vigilante on you tube who records drivers on phones and ignoring keep left signs. He reports the offenders to police - He boasts of his success rates!
On that subject - a clip from a cyclist's GoPro landed a motorcyclist in jail after he caught him pulling a wheelie as he overtook him. Police were very interested....
I do like to go topless......
....... in my remapped 20i in Valencia Orange with Black Roof :driving:

R.E92

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by R.E92 » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:14 pm

mr wilks wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 pm Just watched the clip , the guys are obviously thick as mince :cry: did they come recommended ?
Its clearly wrong what they have done & you have my sympathy :( the klaxon should have been going off the minute you met these clowns :( only missing some size 15s , a big red nose & a curly ginger wig to complete the picture :P
I missed that clip when scrolling through. That's changed my mind a bit.

The driver does seem to be a tool, I'd confront him first and show him the footage then if he didn't apologise I'd post the full video up and link it on a google review and on his Facebook page.

I don't think you'd get any money out of the situation legitimately but he might offer a refund for the work to get you to remove your video. In that situation I think I'd rather see him shamed into a public apology rather than getting my money back. With that audio and the footage of his shopfront it would certainly cause him to lose business.

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by firebobby » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:29 am

I found this business after googling them, they have 'apparently' worked on some very nice motors and have good feedback.
I wonder if the clowns test drove those too.

I wonder what the op did in the end?
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:32 am

firebobby wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 pm You can send video footage of someone speeding and driving dangerously and the police will be interested.
Exactly! That is what my missus got done for.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

mcbutler

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by mcbutler » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:21 am

Ok chaps.
Right, I have talked to my friend Ali, a criminal barrister and also two police officers who live next door but one. Ali being a legal expert, the other two being enforcers with limited knowledge of the law..
I showed Ali the video, one major issue is - i did not select the option to show my cars reg on my dashcam footage (you can stitch yourself up).. So 'prove' its your car! My reply was "why would I complain if its not my car" but that is not proof of anything.....
Showed police who both know the area well, plenty of evidence for conviction - Speeding - dangerous/careless driving possible 'taking without consent'.
Both Ali & Police told me to keep the relevant footage in case of any forthcoming speeding ticket issues etc.
Both of the above recommneded I take a while to consider the possible outcomes for the business if I proceed legally - possible criminal charges/conviction/prison/probation. This outcome would devastate his business and likely result in the loss of jobs for those not involved and financial harm to his family, again not involved.
So, after much consideration i have decided to be magnanimous and keep things in perspective.
I am going to pop over and see him next time I pass & show him the video, I will keep quiet and see what he has to say.....

I am sure many of you think I am being a soft touch but as a few of you have stated 'was any real damage done' apart from my pride?
Once I have spoken to him I will return here and update you all
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

mcbutler

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by mcbutler » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:21 am

Ming wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:17 pm
ronk wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:08 pm
There's a an aggressive cycling vigilante on you tube who records drivers on phones and ignoring keep left signs. He reports the offenders to police - He boasts of his success rates!
On that subject - a clip from a cyclist's GoPro landed a motorcyclist in jail after he caught him pulling a wheelie as he overtook him. Police were very interested....
post a link to the two wheeled pricks YT plz
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by enuff_zed » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:23 am

Good response. Take 'proper' advice, think it over and let yourself cool down.
Sounds like a measured approach.
Be interested to see how you get on.

PS. I'd let someone know where you are though, and keep well away from the inspection pit :rofl:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

firebobby
Lifer
Lifer

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by firebobby » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:34 am

At least you have spoken to people in the know.
Personally, I would go and show the boss, sooner rather than later, strike while the iron is hot.
Explain to him that you are pissed off with the treatment of your pride and joy.
See what he has to say.
BMW Z4 30i 2003 auto 107's Whippy Toledo Blue
Beige M sport seats, wood dash
Toyota MR2 NA 1995
Triumph GT6 1972 (project)
Land Rover Discovery 1994 TDI (Tow car)
Mini 1000 1981

Lynchy
Lifer
Lifer

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by Lynchy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:41 am

firebobby wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:34 am At least you have spoken to people in the know.
Personally, I would go and show the boss, sooner rather than later, strike while the iron is hot.
Explain to him that you are pissed off with the treatment of your pride and joy.
See what he has to say.
Couldn’t agree more 👍

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by Nictrix » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:56 am

What paintwork was it in for and was it "test driven" before or after the repair?
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Colin_E

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by Colin_E » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:21 am

Bit surprised at the suggestion you need to give concrete proof that the video came from YOUR car to be honest. Are there a lot of red E89s around Plymouth? Were they all booked in for work at the same repair shop on the same day? Do they all have the same model of dashcam fitted?

Marcoose

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by Marcoose » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:23 am

OP, you’re doing it all wrong. Tell Uncle Gino to go tell these knuckleheads they need to pay for protection. :lol:
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

ihadablackdog

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by ihadablackdog » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:45 am

Whilst not having the reg number on the video might give someone a chance to question it, I would argue that (as said above) you can show beyond reasonable doubt that it is your car, red, booked in that day whereas other red Z4’s were not in that day (presumably from their booking diary).

If you do talk to him and show him the video and then keep quiet to see what he says....what’s your response if his reply is “what do you want me to do?” ? At that point you have to offer a solution (refund, personal service etc 😂) or I guess you could say “what do you think you should do”. An apology might be all that’s needed, but you should be sure of the outcome you want prior to going in, otherwise he could make you look stupid, I.e you say you don’t know what you want.
2011 E89 sDrive20i

Lance

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by Lance » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:20 am

firebobby wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:34 am At least you have spoken to people in the know.
See what he has to say.
Yep, agree with this.

Soft touch? No, not at all. You do what is right for you, that’s what matters here.

ori

Joyriders in my Zed

Post by ori » Thu Apr 29, 2021 12:15 pm

mcbutler wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:21 am Ok chaps.
Right, I have talked to my friend Ali, a criminal barrister and also two police officers who live next door but one. Ali being a legal expert, the other two being enforcers with limited knowledge of the law..
I showed Ali the video, one major issue is - i did not select the option to show my cars reg on my dashcam footage (you can stitch yourself up).. So 'prove' its your car! My reply was "why would I complain if its not my car" but that is not proof of anything.....
Showed police who both know the area well, plenty of evidence for conviction - Speeding - dangerous/careless driving possible 'taking without consent'.
Both Ali & Police told me to keep the relevant footage in case of any forthcoming speeding ticket issues etc.
Both of the above recommneded I take a while to consider the possible outcomes for the business if I proceed legally - possible criminal charges/conviction/prison/probation. This outcome would devastate his business and likely result in the loss of jobs for those not involved and financial harm to his family, again not involved.
So, after much consideration i have decided to be magnanimous and keep things in perspective.
I am going to pop over and see him next time I pass & show him the video, I will keep quiet and see what he has to say.....

I am sure many of you think I am being a soft touch but as a few of you have stated 'was any real damage done' apart from my pride?
Once I have spoken to him I will return here and update you all
I don’t think you’re a soft touch.
I think the fallout to him if he gets a prosecution is not your concern. Did he think about his actions when getting into your car without permission and going for a lovely spin?
Think about how many other victims you might be saving by reporting it.
However, think about it. Keep us updated.

Personally, I have used airport meet and greet and I came back to my car headlights pointing at the floor. Speed bump bottomed out and broke the sensor.
I couldn’t prove who did it. I wish I had a dash cam.
This was a few years back and I no longer use meet and greet airport parking with my car.