Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Looking to purchase this beauty

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Boyo

Post by Boyo » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:17 pm

Silverstar wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:32 am Boltz car is a manual and the car the OP has posted is an automatic, perhaps he has a preference for an auto?

Anyway looking at the ad I would want to check if it is a genuine M Sport model since it has brushed aluminium interior trim as far as I know the the M Sport came with sort of carbon chequered style trim. Not sure if the brushed aluminium could have been chosen as an option on an M Sport. It will be worth doing a VIN Decode and checking the V5.
Carbon alu trim was the default option on M sport models but you could spec brushed alu as a no cost option. Coincidentally Zed number 4 which I will be picking up later this week is an M sport with brushed alu trim. It's actually nicer in the flesh than in pictures and makes a change.
Current:
718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (PDK)

Previous:
G29 M40i - Thundernight
718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (Manual)
987 Boxster 2.7
E89 2.0i M Sport (Auto)
E89 2.0i M Sport (Manual)
718 Cayman GTS 2.5
E89 35is
E85 M Roadster

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:52 pm

Boyo wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:17 pm
Silverstar wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:32 am Boltz car is a manual and the car the OP has posted is an automatic, perhaps he has a preference for an auto?

Anyway looking at the ad I would want to check if it is a genuine M Sport model since it has brushed aluminium interior trim as far as I know the the M Sport came with sort of carbon chequered style trim. Not sure if the brushed aluminium could have been chosen as an option on an M Sport. It will be worth doing a VIN Decode and checking the V5.
Carbon alu trim was the default option on M sport models but you could spec brushed alu as a no cost option. Coincidentally Zed number 4 which I will be picking up later this week is an M sport with brushed alu trim. It's actually nicer in the flesh than in pictures and makes a change.
I stand corrected! :thumbsup: I have to say much rather prefer the brushed alu to the carbon alu that the M Sport came with as standard.
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

Ed.Straker

Post by Ed.Straker » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:07 pm

Pondrew wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:42 am
Maybe. I struggle with the idea of an auto against a manual in a (supposed) sports car like the Z4. Admittedly, I can see the benefits of the six pot E89 with an auto (just). The N20 seems (to me) more suited to a manual, less of a cruiser than the 6 pot.
Out of interest what precisely either technically or emotionally causes your issues ref an E89 N20 Auto?
White 35i MSport MHD re-map…still in one piece

Atacama Yellow 20i MSport Auto. Remapped, more to be done…written off

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Ole gits rule » Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:48 pm

Boyo wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:17 pm

What have you bought?
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Boyo

Post by Boyo » Mon Apr 05, 2021 9:14 am

It's a low mileage, 2 owner, 2015 2.0i M Sport Auto in Mineral Grey with idrive and the usual goodies. I have a bit of pampering planned and possibly a remap.
Current:
718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (PDK)

Previous:
G29 M40i - Thundernight
718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (Manual)
987 Boxster 2.7
E89 2.0i M Sport (Auto)
E89 2.0i M Sport (Manual)
718 Cayman GTS 2.5
E89 35is
E85 M Roadster