Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Moment of Indulgence

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Marcoose

Moment of Indulgence

Post by Marcoose » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:05 pm

The family that parks next to me has a 3-yo boy. They pull in whilst I'm working on the Zed. Their windows are down. From the back seat, the kid says, 'Dad, look, it's the new race car!' That made my day. :D
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

buzyg
Legend
Legend

Moment of Indulgence

Post by buzyg » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:24 am

Always brings a spark of happiness, when a young kid says they like your car. :D :thumbsup:

mcbutler

Moment of Indulgence

Post by mcbutler » Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:23 am

Proves we are all still kids at heart I guess :-)
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

Sludgepump

Moment of Indulgence

Post by Sludgepump » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:10 am

When I had my TVR I pulled into a filling station. As I returned to the car after paying for my petrol I noticed a young lad from a nearby car looking at my TVR. As I started up to pull away I blipped the throttle and looked across at him. 'Do you want to have a go?'. He looked a bit sheepish but I got out of the car (handbrake on) and invited him into the driver seat. He blipped the throttle a few times and had a grin from ear to ear!
03 3 Litre Auto in Maldives Blue with beige interior

Rucky

Moment of Indulgence

Post by Rucky » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:45 am

Funny how kids react, I was on my Triumph in traffic when a little kid in the back of a car opposite signalled to rev the throttle with a twist of his hand.
I duly obliged and his face lit up with an ear to ear grin and tapping his driver dad on the shoulder telling him what just happened.
Made his day , and mine if I am honest!
04 2.5i Titan silver - 1st Z4 now sold on
07 3.0si Silver Grey M Sport pak.
X5 and assorted motorbikes

kinger

Moment of Indulgence

Post by kinger » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:09 am

Oi.....nice car mister...

Current - E89 35is Saphire Black
Previous- E89 35i Space Grey

Ole gits rule
Lifer
Lifer

Moment of Indulgence

Post by Ole gits rule » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:21 am

We all just want people to admire the cars we spend not only hours but a fortune detailing - always made me feel good when someone stops and asks about the car. :D
M4 Vert in Yas Marina Blue
2011 23i M Sport Highline in Alpine White with Smart Top installed - Gone but not forgotten.

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Moment of Indulgence

Post by Nictrix » Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:32 am

You get it a lot while out on the bike. If there are kids in the car in front a lot of the time they will turn around and wave. They seem to love it if you wave back.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Jay-Jay

Moment of Indulgence

Post by Jay-Jay » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:26 pm

My middle son loves bikes and will happily wave and press his face against the window to get a better look :rofl:
Alpine White E89 28i M Sport

Mr Tidy
Legend
Legend

Moment of Indulgence

Post by Mr Tidy » Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:28 pm

I used my Z4 for my essential shopping trip today - any excuse to not leave it just sitting stationary.

When I turned into my road there were two couples having a chat outside their houses and one of the guys has a V8 Mustang as his daily, so I just gave the accelerator a quick jab and I saw his head swivel to follow my car!

I wasn't surprised because I got chatting to him years ago when he was fettling the GT40 replica he keeps in his garage for it's annual trip to Le Mans.

Maybe a bit puerile, but I plan to grow old disgracefully. :lol:
Coupes because stunning!
Current - Silver Grey MC, Imola Red heated Nappa & carbon trim. Aeros, H & R Coil-overs, 224s, OE Strut brace, Nav, cup-holders, DSP Hi-Fi, pdc, cruise, MFSW, no CDV! E90 330i daily
Gone - Montego Blue
Gone - Ruby Black

Silverstar

Moment of Indulgence

Post by Silverstar » Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:55 pm

Last weekend I was on a run through the mountains of Malaga with a car club I belong to and one member has a Lamborghini Hurracan and as we were slowly making our way through a tiny Spanish village some kids were playing outside their house and a little boy rushed towards his house to call his brother and dad (I assume) to come out, as they did the Lambo driver gave it a few blips of the very loud peddle and the reactions from the kids and adults was just shear bliss. For these guys in the small village it will probably be a extremely rare occurrence if not once in a life time opportunity to see such cars. Unfortunately with the company I was keeping the Z4 barely got a look in. :rofl:
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

mcbutler

Moment of Indulgence

Post by mcbutler » Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:38 am

I went to a timber yard in my super sided ford transit last week. As I got out a lady came over to me and said she had 'van envy'! Then she told me she loved vans, but not really into cars and that mine was the 'biggest she had ever seen' (not the first time I have heard that :evil: ). Then she asked me if she could take some pictures, i said yes and scurried away.

Weirdo........
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

Argyll Andy
Lifer
Lifer

Moment of Indulgence

Post by Argyll Andy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:07 pm

Silverstar wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:55 pm Then she asked me if she could take some pictures
Of you or the van? :poke: :lol:

G29 M40i Thundernight with Ivory interior, all option packs (here for a while, hopefully :oops:)
    G29 M40i Misano Blue all option packs (Gone 26k of fun)
    E89 35iS, Valencia Orange, Design Pure Traction pack (Gone)
    E89 23i sDrive, Silver (Gone)

enuff_zed
    Lifer
    Lifer

Moment of Indulgence

Post by enuff_zed » Mon Mar 22, 2021 1:13 pm

A while back now I was in my Z at some traffic lights when a kid shouted out "nice car mister". I smiled and gave him the regal wave...........
    He turned back to his mates and there was a hurried conflab, then back to me with "what is it?". :roll: :headbang:
    HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
    Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Hellequin

Moment of Indulgence

Post by Hellequin » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:03 am

I was in an black Alfa 159, the car was getting on a bit and I changed it later for my current z4. Sitting in Tesco car park in Lichfield a little lad (5?) said to his dad 'wow look at THAT car!', dad replied 'its an Alfa, lovely'. Both smiled. Got the Z4 and quite a few people have commented on it. Always nice
    59 plate sDrive23i 2.5