Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

e89 outdoor covers

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

e89 outdoor covers

Post by mr.tourette » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:03 pm

So just found out my next door neighbour is about to have a new block paving drive put down at the end of this coming week..cue lots of blocks being cut and brick dust galore :x
Anyone have any experience of a cheap outdoor cover that will keep the general crap at bay without causing any harm..I used a stormforce in the past on the e85 and was relatively happy with that in general but they are expensive and not particularly hard wearing, my old one after 5 winters with me and two with its previous owner was slightly worse for wear.. I was hoping to tap into the experience of the forum for the relative bargains out there or failing that something even on the more expensive side that I may use next winter for a few months sorn that will actually be hard wearing.
Any experiences and recommendations appreciated :thumbsup:

Edit..I have noticed the Halfords cover seems to do well in online reviews and with my Halfords card I can pick it up for 48 quid..anyone used one?
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Pondrew
Lifer
Lifer

e89 outdoor covers

Post by Pondrew » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:15 pm

The reviews of the cheap Halfords ones are very good, especially if it's only temporary.
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/product-g ... overs-2020

Edit: didn't read your edit!! :oops:

I'd be asking the neighbour for a contribution! :thumbsup:
All good things come to those who wait. I'm really impatient which explains a lot.

F31 320i. Good car.
E89 20i Now fully dried
Z3 'free litre'. Project and a half. Complicated!
Mazda3 sold
Tatty old R56 Mini Cooper. Money pit!