Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Pure Highway - anyone fitted one to a Z?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
ajguk

Post by ajguk » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:35 pm

Hi all

I'm getting a bit fed up of using my phone for dab on the Z4 so have considered one of the Pure Highway receivers. Has anyone fitted one? At the moment my steering wheel is off (Royal) and I'm awaiting a new roof-up button in the post, so I'll be removing a fair chunk of the center console which could potentially make wiring easier.

Should I run a cable from inside the armrest (usb and jack location) to the dash and windscreen for the aerial? There's not another aux point I'm aware of. And has anyone a pic of one in a Z4, as I'm wondering where to actually stick the little display!

Thanks in anticipation!
2009 sDrive30i, deep sea blue, ivory

Tommo61

Post by Tommo61 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:46 pm

I've got one. - It's covered in this thread. - I've never got round to tidying the antenna to phono aux in cable, so it's just stuffed in the ashtray atm! Works fine though. - Since the post, I've mounted the wireless controller on it's stick-on bracket to the dash panel, which looks fine and will easily clean off with a bit of spirit.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=117141
E85 3.0l si auto Midnight/Beige
E85 3.0l si man Sapphire/Beige (gone)

Rockhopper

Post by Rockhopper » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:13 pm

I’ve got one, but it’s in my E85. Excellent piece of kit. Phone works well and the DAB is great.

ajguk

Post by ajguk » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:38 pm

Cheers both, I'll give it some thought. The roof button arrived today so I'm hoping to get the centre console out this weekend, maybe I'll Prime one of the Pure boxes :thumbsup:
2009 sDrive30i, deep sea blue, ivory