Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Second Ride, Second Impressions

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enuff_zed » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:30 pm

R.E92, given Marcoose's location, I'd be insisting on hand delivery only, all expenses paid :wink:
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

R.E92

Post by R.E92 » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:16 pm

Marcoose wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:12 pm Thanks, mate. All that is mega interesting and only a fool would pass on your generosity. I have a hundred questions which would be better asked and answered over the phone/video. I’ll find a way to reach out to you perhaps this weekend. It seems the first thing is to service the DCT. Thanks again.
Just send a PM with any questions. For any servicing queries the M3 forums are a good place to search, they have the same gearbox and a lot of those guys service the gearbox every 50k. Just keep in mind that the M3 has an oil cooler for the DCT which has lines that get in the way so if you see any reference to unplugging cooling lines in the M3 DCT service just ignore that step.
enuff_zed wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:30 pm R.E92, given Marcoose's location, I'd be insisting on hand delivery only, all expenses paid :wink:
Good idea. Also I require use of the car for a few days to make sure everything works :D
Last edited by R.E92 on Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marcoose

Post by Marcoose » Tue Feb 16, 2021 4:17 pm

Ha! I've been known for welcoming and hosting folk in our humble abode. Sadly, Covid put a kibosh on all that. Not even me mum is welcome here these days. :)
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps

Marcoose

Post by Marcoose » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:12 am

Also ... since the new camber plates, lowering springs, tyres and alignment, there’s a subtle steering wheel shake at 90mph/145kph. It’s not always there. It comes and goes depending on the tarmac. Anyone experiencing the same? Thoughts?
2016 35is, monoballs, camber plates, KWV3, PS4S, xHP, MHD, LFB pedal, flat bottom wheel, red indicators, black headlamps