Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Bluetooth product recommendation

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:07 am

Have to give a shout out to this fantastic little product https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Baseus-Hands ... Swo2depdQC

After trying a 30 quid Tunai Firefly that crapped out after 2 days, then another similarly priced unit from Amazon that had god awful interference i thought sod it, it can't hurt to try a cheapy from ebay, this Baseus adapter had a few positive ebay reviews so I gave it a shot for £8.49.

What do you know..it connects immediately the key goes into the ignition every single time with a nice subtle beep to let you know, it streams absolutely crystal clear audio with no cutting out or interference of any kind, absolutely fantastic product for little money.

Its not often I will write review like this on a forum and I haven't been asked too but I think this thing deserves it and if it can save our members a few quid and time wasted on products that don't perform as well all the better :thumbsup:
if its got tits or tyres..its trouble :D

Stash36

Post by Stash36 » Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:56 pm

Damn just ordered a firefly!

BadgerDog

Post by BadgerDog » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:13 pm

I just ordered the same thing from ebay.com for my old MG and didnt notice shipping estimate. It said I'll have it by October 30th. LMAO. At least its not something I NEED.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:05 pm

Doesn't state which BT audio codec is used so I'm assuming inferior A2DP.
For FLAC's and other hi-res music files you need Aptx-HD.
Pass if ur pushy about sound quality I'd suggest.

Also, how is it powered? Doesn't say.
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:15 pm

powered via USB, you plug in the non-jack end

HD sound is mentioned, at least I saw it on some other page
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:21 am

Chris_D wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:05 pm Doesn't state which BT audio codec is used so I'm assuming inferior A2DP.

:roll: its an 8 quid solution that works extremely well for bt streaming anyone with a bit of common sense would know an audiophile wont be looking to this end of the market :scratchhead:

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:26 am

Stash36 wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:56 pm Damn just ordered a firefly!
Hopefully yours will work ok, they do have plenty of good reviews but they do seem to have some quality control issues, the random cutting out then crapping completely features in a lot of the lower star reviews on amazon covering about 20% of the reviews.. although you could have saved yourself 20 quid

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:53 am

mr.tourette wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:21 am
Chris_D wrote: Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:05 pm Doesn't state which BT audio codec is used so I'm assuming inferior A2DP.

:roll: its an 8 quid solution that works extremely well for bt streaming anyone with a bit of common sense would know an audiophile wont be looking to this end of the market :scratchhead:
For not much more (20 quid), you can have better sound quality:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CSR8675-Blue ... SwEUJfWxeb

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:32 am

Chris_D wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:53 am
mr.tourette wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:21 am

Based on your assumption.. can people not recommend a good value option without a thread crap ffs :wkr: this is a direct plug in solution for an e89, the other is not

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Chris_D » Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:51 am

mr.tourette wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 8:32 am
Chris_D wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:53 am
mr.tourette wrote: Sat Sep 19, 2020 7:21 am :roll: its an 8 quid solution that works extremely well for bt streaming anyone with a bit of common sense would know an audiophile wont be looking to this end of the market :scratchhead:
Based on your assumption.. can people not recommend a good value option without a thread crap ffs :wkr: this is a direct plug in solution for an e89, the other is not
You're recommending something that's crap quality mate. I'm simply suggesting a potentially better solution for not much more money.
woah-woah-woah-chillax-bro.jpg
woah-woah-woah-chillax-bro.jpg (25.84 KiB) Viewed 895 times

mr.tourette
Lifer
Lifer

Post by mr.tourette » Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:30 am

You're not comparing eggs with eggs and seem to have missed the point this is a small, discreet plug and play unit that works very well and requires no extra wiring unlike what you posted that also needs power cables and aux leads hanging off it at extra cost as well trailing about.
The sound quality is just fine I wouldn't be recommending it if it wasn't would I?

Some of us do also know our way around decent hifi and sound quality without being condescending about it on a car forum.. We don't all need to be chasing every hertz at 80mph with the roof down we might just want something cheap and cheerful that sounds OK and just works when you ask it too

drewsutton

Post by drewsutton » Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:38 am

I use something very similar from TaoTronics that plugs into the USB in centre console for power, aux in for audio and has a discreet wired "control pad" for skipping, pausing, volume and a microphone. Will take a picture later.

Pooltee

Post by Pooltee » Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:36 pm

My turn to stir things up for a change!!

Personally I would buy the cheapest Bluetooth adapter I could find for the Z4 because every one of its OE audio systems is crap anyway, from basic to Top hifi.

Why spend a fortune on a decent adaptor when the system can’t process good quality sound in the first place?

Thanks to the OP for the suggestion. I may well give this a try so that I at least have the option of this feature.
2013 Z4 20i sDrive.

Remapped, and currently “interior” rattle free.

Early midlife crises and so far loving every minute of it!

drewsutton

Post by drewsutton » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:27 pm

I have no idea what speak system I have in my car but I really wouldn't say it was of poor quality yet I keep on seeing posts hating on it haha. Maybe a previous owner has upgraded something.

Pooltee

Post by Pooltee » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:31 pm

drewsutton wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:27 pm I have no idea what speak system I have in my car but I really wouldn't say it was of poor quality yet I keep on seeing posts hating on it haha. Maybe a previous owner has upgraded something.
My problem is I have been spoilt with some of my previous cars. Some other car manufactures blow BMW out of the water with their standard equipment. I would put The top hifi option I have fitted in my Z4 comparable to the bog standard system supplied in an Audi.

Where the Z4 does redeem itself however is in just about every other way. Which I had held out for a 6 cylinder now and then I wouldn’t give a dam about the sound system :rofl:
2013 Z4 20i sDrive.

Remapped, and currently “interior” rattle free.

Early midlife crises and so far loving every minute of it!