Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Carly and coding

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Woodrow

Carly and coding

Post by Woodrow » Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:04 pm

Hi everyone. Hope all is good. So today I meet a fello member as he has a 2010 E89. I have a Carly and offered to code for him. One of the options is to close the sunroof when you lock the car. The Carly has the option and the coding was accepted. However the roof does not close when locking the car. You still have to press the button inside the car before locking it. Would this of needed a pack when purchasing the car or do all the cars come with all the kit so you can change the codes.
Many thanks. Mark

Jasonn

Carly and coding

Post by Jasonn » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:59 pm

It needs to have the "comfort access" module installed not just the "comfort opening" option.

You can fit a smart top module I think it's a few hundred to buy, so I haven't bothered.

It caught me out too

tintoverano

Carly and coding

Post by tintoverano » Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:05 pm

try this

we're looking for someone w/o 3rd party roof module and comfort open :)
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD