Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Remote closing of roof by coding only

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Nictrix wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:18 pm
Pbondar wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:44 pm
Nictrix wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:39 pm It was an example. And although there are videos and articles, the CDV kits still sell.
There are numerous forum posts asking about remote roof closure and saying it can be done but people still buy the box as its easier.
Nitrix I accept your point, the counter point is that a CDV delete seems to be fairly trivial techncially whereas it appears that's not the case with E89 remote roof raise..can you point to an E89 one video /article please that has been validated?
No. I have never looked but trust that yourself and others have almost exhausted this avenue with no result.
My point was only that even if this could be coded there would still be people selling boxes that done the job for you.
Whats annoying, that you will have found out many times, is that the internet is full of forums with threads about various things but most never have the answer at the end of them. Up until the weekend I had been searching the net for an answer to my bike issues where there were dozens of others over a decade with similar problems but none ever had the answer to the problem at the end.
What happened at the weekend? Did you have a Eureka moment and find a cure? :?
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:30 pm

Smartbear wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 pm
Nictrix wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:18 pm
Pbondar wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:44 pm Nitrix I accept your point, the counter point is that a CDV delete seems to be fairly trivial techncially whereas it appears that's not the case with E89 remote roof raise..can you point to an E89 one video /article please that has been validated?
No. I have never looked but trust that yourself and others have almost exhausted this avenue with no result.
My point was only that even if this could be coded there would still be people selling boxes that done the job for you.
Whats annoying, that you will have found out many times, is that the internet is full of forums with threads about various things but most never have the answer at the end of them. Up until the weekend I had been searching the net for an answer to my bike issues where there were dozens of others over a decade with similar problems but none ever had the answer to the problem at the end.
Rob
Im embarrassed to say that it was my fault.
I found an old thread on some forum that someone had put the 2 wires onto the starter solenoid the wrong way round. This allowed the bike to turn over as normal but would not operate the fuel pump. As this was something I had taken off the bike I jumped out the door and swapped the wires around, 2 minutes later the bike fired into life.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:37 pm

Nictrix wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:30 pm
Smartbear wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 pm
Nictrix wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:18 pm No. I have never looked but trust that yourself and others have almost exhausted this avenue with no result.
Rob
I found an old thread on some forum that someone had put the 2 wires onto the starter solenoid the wrong way round. This allowed the bike to turn over as normal but would not operate the fuel pump. As this was something I had taken off the bike I jumped out the door and swapped the wires around, 2 minutes later the bike fired into life.
Hopefully before you’d spent lots of cash on replacement components! It does sound strange as the solonoid itself obviously worked ok so wondering why the pump was non functioning?
I think I mentioned the fuel pump controller last time you posted about this :?
Rob

e85 3.0si sold

Nictrix
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Nictrix » Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:41 pm

Smartbear wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:37 pm
Nictrix wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:30 pm
Smartbear wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:25 pm What happened at the weekend? Did you have a Eureka moment and find a cure? :?
Rob
Hopefully before you’d spent lots of cash on replacement components! It does sound strange as the solonoid itself obviously worked ok so wondering why the pump was non functioning?
I think I mentioned the fuel pump controller last time you posted about this :?
Rob
Everything was testing ok. Just the onboard diagnostics and the fuel pump not running.
I had an ECU sent to me by someone I know on the R1 forum but had to buy an immobiliser bypass to make it work but obviously it still didnt run as the solenoid was wired wrong.
Almost 3 months of tinkering trying to find a possible broken wire or sensor that wasnt there.
Just glad the bike shops were closed as I may have sent it to one to try and fix the problem.
E89 2014 35i M Sport Black with Black leather :)

ZedPhwoah

Post by ZedPhwoah » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:11 pm

Response, seems he’s not sure....
——
“ Give me the link of which forum please :)
Yes I can on any E93. On Z4 never tried but maybe worth it.
Thanks
Jaroslaw”
—-

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:34 pm

ZedPhwoah wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:11 pm Response, seems he’s not sure....
——
“ Give me the link of which forum please :)
Yes I can on any E93. On Z4 never tried but maybe worth it.
Thanks
Jaroslaw”
—-
Which coder is that from?
2009 sdrive30i auto Sapphire Black / Coral Red

ZedPhwoah

Post by ZedPhwoah » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:46 pm

Silverstar, same one as per YouTube vid in this thread.

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:22 am

ZedPhwoah wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:46 pm Silverstar, same one as per YouTube vid in this thread.
Ok that is the one I posted. I contacted one of them last year and he told me the same that he would need to hook his computer up to my car to check if it will be possible or not because he hadn't worked on an E89 before. I would have called him around to try it if I was still in London but by that time the car was here in Spain.

ZedPhwoah

Post by ZedPhwoah » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:24 am

Silverstar, yeah he’s about 40mins from me, so I’ve asked him how much (if it does work, which I doubt).

red_35is

Post by red_35is » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:06 pm

ZedPhwoah wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:24 am Silverstar, yeah he’s about 40mins from me, so I’ve asked him how much (if it does work, which I doubt).
Keep us posted, I am not too far from London myself. If it can go down with the fob, I'm sure it can go back up too with the right coding.

ZedPhwoah

Post by ZedPhwoah » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:55 pm

The guy quoted £250 with 2-3hrs work... seems like more than coding, probably a hardware box which you could buy and install yourself :tumbleweed:

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:05 pm

ZedPhwoah wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:55 pm The guy quoted £250 with 2-3hrs work... seems like more than coding, probably a hardware box which you could buy and install yourself :tumbleweed:
Did you ask him what he was going to do for that 250 GBP? seeing that boxes like smart top are some 200 to 300 quid and factoring in the labour I doubt that quote includes any hardware, of course we won't know for sure unless you ask. Also will he still charge that amount if he is unsuccessful?

Silverstar

Post by Silverstar » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:17 pm

red_35is wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:06 pm If it can go down with the fob, I'm sure it can go back up too with the right coding.
This is what makes me think the same too.

tintoverano

Post by tintoverano » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:56 pm

so, I'm watching ISTA-P programming sessions lately to learn it and ran into a guy trying to do the same based on this post (grabbed the URL from the video :D ), he didn't succeed b/c of NFRM module missing from that car

I just read out the modules in question from my car and tried to match the features from the post above

holy sh!t :o

all of them are present and some more seemingly similar based on the meaning and descriptions provided in NCSDummy:

CAS
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB, nicht aktiv
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB, nicht aktiv
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG, nicht aktiv
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG, nicht aktiv
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA, nicht aktiv
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST, nicht aktiv

ZCTM/CTM/CVM
KOMFORT_OEFFNEN_FBD = KOMF_OEFFNEN_FBD_Z_E89, aktiv
KOMFORT_SCHLIESS_FBD = KOMF_SCHLIESS_FBD_E89, aktiv
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_OEFF_FBD = SCHEIB_ANHEB_OEFF_FBD_E89, nicht aktiv
SCHEIBEN_ANHEB_SCHL_FBD = SCHEIB_ANHEB_SCHL_FBD_E89, nicht aktiv
KOMFORT_LADE_POSITION = KOMF_LADE_POSITION_E89, aktiv

NFRM
SPIEGEL_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP (not present)
or
ASP_KOMFORT_EINKLAPP, nicht aktiv

this might mean that perhaps this is doable

I already got 3rd party CT module, so I don't want to try this anymore :headbang: , but anyone w/o one and can code, give it a try :driving:

if not, we may look for similar features and try setting them aktiv

there are many posts for other models about not succeeding to code it, which may be related to CAS change in 2010

please share if you could do it, so I can sell my CT module (which I won't be able to do anymore :rofl: )
mSport 23i
Coding Help, Stubby, Remap, K&N filter, Cruise Ctrl, Reverse cam, Instrument Cluster Color, UR front brace, CDV delete, Android on CIC, Roof Module, LSD

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Smartbear » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Even if it was possible to code roof closing it still wouldn’t give one touch operation & all 4 windows controlled from one switch so smarttop would still be desirable.
Rob

e85 3.0si sold