Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Mood lighting

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Pooltee

Mood lighting

Post by Pooltee » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:30 pm

Like most, I probably have too much time on my hands right now, which has got me thinking of subtle changes I could make to the Z4 interior.

One original feature I have always thought was somewhat underwhelming on the vehicle has to me the mood lighting around the door pockets.

Has anybody managed to modify this to a different colour which is also a little bit brighter? If so I would be very interested in a bit of a how too.

Hope everybody is keeping well.

Cheers, Paul.
2013 Z4 20i sDrive.

Remapped, and currently “interior” rattle free.

Early midlife crises and so far loving every minute of it!

greg81

Mood lighting

Post by greg81 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 8:41 pm

Plenty of people fitted led strips to the footwells which can look decent if the right colour is chose

Truth

Mood lighting

Post by Truth » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:50 pm

Match the colour like Greg says and wire them to the dash light feed so they can be dimmed with dash lights when you turn you main lights on. Easily done.
Not done it on my zed but have in a few other cars
Z4MC

flybobbie
Lifer
Lifer

Mood lighting

Post by flybobbie » Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:14 pm

I fitted some orange mood lighting in the foot wells and door storage. also i was missing the led behind the seats so fitted some there, orange and white when the door opens.
Also fitted some microswitches so that when the door storage opens, it's lit up white.