Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Dash trim wrapping service

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Pooltee

Post by Pooltee » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:16 pm

Good evening all.

The list of jobs I would like to get done to the Z4 seems to be growing and growing, but one item I would like to address sooner rather than later is having the interior trims wrapped.

Mine currently has the silver crosshatch effect trim inserts, and whilst not too unpleasant, I do not think they are the best match for the car.

Has anybody had any experience with companies that offer this service? Any that are highly recommended, and any that should be avoided at all costs. And speaking of costs, what would you expect to pay to have all the trim in the dash, centre console and door cards wrapped?

If anybody has some pictures, that would also be useful, as I haven’t decided on it to wrap them in yet. So far I am thinking either piano black, or a satin carbon fibre.
2013 Z4 20i sDrive.

Remapped, and currently “interior” rattle free.

Early midlife crises and so far loving every minute of it!

Penelope

Post by Penelope » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:24 pm

Following
2008 BMW Z4 MSport 3.0 Si Coupe in Stratus Grey with Red New England Extended Leather Upholstery. Purchased 14 December 2019 via the Forum with just 25k miles.

sunnydays

Post by sunnydays » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:53 pm

I would have thought it more cost effective to buy the piano black trim off ebay or the like, and DIY fit it your self. You can then either sell your original trim, or sell the Piano Black Trim seperately when you sell the car

Pooltee

Post by Pooltee » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:31 pm

sunnydays wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:53 pm I would have thought it more cost effective to buy the piano black trim off ebay or the like, and DIY fit it your self. You can then either sell your original trim, or sell the Piano Black Trim seperately when you sell the car
Well I did look into this, but the only interior I could find on eBay is the one I already have, hence going to plan B and looking into wrapping.
2013 Z4 20i sDrive.

Number5
Lifer
Lifer

Post by Number5 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:23 pm

This thread may be of interest to you:- viewtopic.php?f=13&t=104283
Alpina Roadster #307
Porsche Boxster GTS
Previous Zs
Stratus E86
G29 30i
1x Imola Z4MR
Alpina #019
10x E85 Se/Si Roadsters
2x E89's
Roof Motor Relocations (Bristol)

IRD

Post by IRD » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 pm

Whatever you finally decide on I would avoid a piano black interior. Our daily has one and it attracts dust like nobody’s business. It also shows every fingerprint. I am forever wiping it with anti-static wipes. Never again. :cry:

greg81

Post by greg81 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:26 pm

Though about wrapping yourself? It's pretty easy to be honest

Pooltee

Post by Pooltee » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:49 pm

IRD wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 pm Whatever you finally decide on I would avoid a piano black interior. Our daily has one and it attracts dust like nobody’s business. It also shows every fingerprint. I am forever wiping it with anti-static wipes. Never again. :cry:
👍 really appreciate the heads up there. I wouldn’t be able to handle it be dusty and covered in finger prints lol. Think satin carbon it is then.
2013 Z4 20i sDrive.

Pooltee

Post by Pooltee » Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:50 pm

greg81 wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:26 pm Though about wrapping yourself? It's pretty easy to be honest
I have no patience what so ever when it comes to things like that. I prefer nuts and bolts and oily bits :D I am sure it would look horrendous if I attempted the job.
2013 Z4 20i sDrive.

baconJazz

Post by baconJazz » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:25 pm

Pooltee wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:16 pm Good evening all.

The list of jobs I would like to get done to the Z4 seems to be growing and growing, but one item I would like to address sooner rather than later is having the interior trims wrapped.

Mine currently has the silver crosshatch effect trim inserts, and whilst not too unpleasant, I do not think they are the best match for the car.

Has anybody had any experience with companies that offer this service? Any that are highly recommended, and any that should be avoided at all costs. And speaking of costs, what would you expect to pay to have all the trim in the dash, centre console and door cards wrapped?

If anybody has some pictures, that would also be useful, as I haven’t decided on it to wrap them in yet. So far I am thinking either piano black, or a satin carbon fibre.
https://www.mtecdynamics.com These guys are top notch and reasonably priced.
2007 3.0si sport e86 coupe Black Sapphire 93k and rising at approx 2k a year.

Mazda mx5 mk3
Fiesta ST
Subaru WRX Blob eye
Mini Cooper S JCW
Mx5 mk1
Ford Puma.
Opel Manta GTE (1984)
Mk 1 Ford Capri 1.6 GT (1973)
Austin Maxi 1750 HL (269 BC)

IRD

Post by IRD » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:12 pm

Pooltee wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:49 pm
IRD wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 9:17 pm Whatever you finally decide on I would avoid a piano black interior. Our daily has one and it attracts dust like nobody’s business. It also shows every fingerprint. I am forever wiping it with anti-static wipes. Never again. :cry:
Looks like a good choice to me. :thumbsup:

👍 really appreciate the heads up there. I wouldn’t be able to handle it be dusty and covered in finger prints lol. Think satin carbon it is then.