Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Seven Centre buttons

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Scirl

Seven Centre buttons

Post by Scirl » Sat Nov 02, 2019 2:39 pm

Hiya
In the E89 from could you list the functions of the 7 Centre console buttons, left to right?
1-heater seat left
2- blank in most?
3- sat nav
4- roof
5- windows
6. Hmm, heated seat right? But that should be 7!

RustyZ4
Lifer
Lifer

Seven Centre buttons

Post by RustyZ4 » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:14 pm

In mine
1 - Heated seat
2- Blank
3 - Parking sensor
4- Roof up
5 - Roof down
6 - Blank
7 - Heated seat
Z4 Mineral Grey, 28i MSport Auto, lots of goodies
Z4 E85 3.0, gone but now with son :D
Growing Old is Mandatory But Growing Up is Optional

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Seven Centre buttons

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:46 pm

And mine:
1 - Heated passenger seat
2 - Blank
3 - Blank
4 - Roof up
5 - Roof down
6 - Auto start/stop - to turn the bugger off!
7 - Heated driver's seat
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Deepseaskateboard

Seven Centre buttons

Post by Deepseaskateboard » Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:53 pm

Number two is always blank, even on a full spec.
Button six is auto start/stop, which is blank on automatics, so gives some symmetry to a full specced car’s panel.

End ones are heated seats, then sensors on/off is next to the roof up/down controls.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Seven Centre buttons

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Deepseaskateboard wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:53 pm Number two is always blank, even on a full spec.
Button six is auto start/stop, which is blank on automatics, so gives some symmetry to a full specced car’s panel.

End ones are heated seats, then sensors on/off is next to the roof up/down controls.
Deepseaskateboard wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 5:53 pm Number two is always blank, even on a full spec.

That's interesting. Why don't autos have stop start? Or at least, the option to turn it off? Or is it a switch elsewhere.
Just asking, as both my 335d and wifey's 220d are auto and you can switch off the stop/start on them.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

Pbondar

Seven Centre buttons

Post by Pbondar » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:19 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:03 pm

That's interesting. Why don't autos have stop start? Or at least, the option to turn it off? Or is it a switch elsewhere.
Just asking, as both my 335d and wifey's 220d are auto and you can switch off the stop/start on them.

Mark 1 8HP45 ZF boxes did not have an accumulator to do certain operations associated with its operation with no engine power, so no stop start, Mark 2 version did have this option!

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Seven Centre buttons

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:26 pm

Pbondar wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:19 pm

Mark 1 8HP45 ZF boxes did not have an accumulator to do certain operations associated with its operation with no engine power, so no stop start, Mark 2 version did have this option!
Thank you. Another school day :)

And I have no idea why it put the quote in twice?

Smartbear
Lifer
Lifer

Seven Centre buttons

Post by Smartbear » Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi, if you know someone with Carly it’s possible to code the stop/start to remember it’s last mode-ie if you switch it off it stays off until you turn it on again :thumbsup:
Rob

e89 Sdrive 20i, plenty of mumbo & good economy-the thinking bears z4
e89 Sdrive 30i, this ones busted, pass me another...
e85 3.0si sold

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Seven Centre buttons

Post by enuff_zed » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:10 pm

Smartbear wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:46 pm

Hi, if you know someone with Carly it’s possible to code the stop/start to remember it’s last mode-ie if you switch it off it stays off until you turn it on again :thumbsup:
Rob
Now that would be useful. First thing I do in all the cars is turn the damn thing off!

Pbondar

Seven Centre buttons

Post by Pbondar » Sat Nov 02, 2019 11:49 pm

enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:10 pm
Smartbear wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:46 pm
enuff_zed wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 6:03 pm That's interesting. Why don't autos have stop start? Or at least, the option to turn it off? Or is it a switch elsewhere.
Rob
Now that would be useful. First thing I do in all the cars is turn the damn thing off!
Anecdotally start stop on the N20 engines exacerbates the cam chain wear/oil pump drive wear..so good to turn it off! :thumbsup:

DHO51E

Seven Centre buttons

Post by DHO51E » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:13 pm

Hi.
Mine is;
1 - Heated passenger seat
2 - Blank
3 - Parking sensor
4 - Roof up
5 - Roof down
6 - Auto start/stop - Thank God!
7 - Heated driver's seat