Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Audio Recording (on track) of your SDrive35is for a videogame?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Chris1712

Post by Chris1712 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:14 am

Any more information tag_tim? Time/Date etc.? Will we get any time for some unofficial hooning aswell...
Pure Traction 35iS - Sold!
Carbon Black E86 3.0si Coupe - Gone but not forgotten

mcbutler

Post by mcbutler » Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:32 am

sunnydays wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am
mcbutler wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:12 am or a 35i, they sound the same.
No they don't. They have different exhausts, and their is an audible difference between the two in terms of volume level.
Different in what way? I was intrigued by your answer so spent 5 min comparing part numbers of exhausts on both vehicles all of which are identical apart from the rear system, which is 1.5kg heavier on the S !!!!!!!!!

My 35i has the exhaust flap isolated in the open position and its pretty loud when 'poked'....
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather

sunnydays

Post by sunnydays » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:42 pm

mcbutler wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:32 am
sunnydays wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:20 am
mcbutler wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:12 am or a 35i, they sound the same.
No they don't. They have different exhausts, and their is an audible difference between the two in terms of volume level.
Different in what way? I was intrigued by your answer so spent 5 min comparing part numbers of exhausts on both vehicles all of which are identical apart from the rear system, which is 1.5kg heavier on the S !!!!!!!!!

My 35i has the exhaust flap isolated in the open position and its pretty loud when 'poked'....
I beleive the 35is has a different muffler.

Edit: It may actually be the same muffler, but with different packing / dampening inside

tag_tim

Post by tag_tim » Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:32 pm

Hi again,

Apologies again for delay and thanks for the further interest.

Dates are looking like either 29th or 30th October, so next Tuesday or Wednesday. You may get a choice of days - they are currently trying to fit multiple vehicles into both days. Same goes for times, it will be a question of agreeing a slot, so that is still tbc.

I would doubt somehow that you will get opportunity to hoon about :) The client is hiring exclusive use of the straight in order to do this, and rules and health and saftey are quite stringent, so much so, I think Millbrook insist on there being a 'minder' present to ensure that everything goes smoothly/nobody does anything dangerous/unauthorised.

It is looking likely that the volunteer will need to sort out some insurance for this themselves, and the cost of this will be covered, as well as any other expenses/costs agreed. Details of who to contact regarding the insurance will be passed on - it is just easier if the owner of the car does this, as they will need all your personal details anyway.

I am being asked to pass on contact details of anyone who is interested, so please let me know? You can then speak to them directly about the insurance and costs and final details etc.

It might be that if nobody with a 35is volunteers then they may consider something similar...so please let me know in any case?

Thanks again!

Cheers
Tim

tag_tim

Post by tag_tim » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:04 pm

Hi again all,

I have no takers on this then?

Need to sort this out quite quickly now as I am told that the recording will definitelty now take place next Friday 1st November.

As I say, expenses and costs are being offered, so you are able to get paid for doing this. You will need to negotiate this with the organiser but they are assuming that this will cost them money for you to take your car there.

The plan is that you can drive the vehicle if you are up for doing that - if not, then a driver can be sought from Millbrook to drive instead.

Anyway, last call really on this, as we need to cast the net wider if there are no takers here, and start looking elsewhere pronto!

Please drop me a mail if you want to discuss - [email protected]

Thanks!

Tim

tag_tim

Post by tag_tim » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:12 pm

Ok, sorry to bump this again, but we still have no takers on this, and are running out of time, as this has to happen this Friday.

So...the people organising this want me to stress that they are happy to pay £350 to anyone who is able to help with this. They are also happy to pay for insurance on top of this.

So if you were mulling this over and this sounds attractive, then please let me know, otherwise, no worries and sorry to bother everyone.

Cheers
Tim

Flyingfifer

Post by Flyingfifer » Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:47 pm

Come on folks someone needs to get on this, its very possible that your car could be the sound of the Z4 in the new Forza Motorsport 8 and it would be brilliant for the forum. This would be quite the claim to fame!

I really hope someone can step in and help out there :thumbsup:
Shame I dont have the right car or I'd be all over this! :cry:
2006 3.0Si Coupé in Monaco Blau with all the optional trimmings

sunnydays

Post by sunnydays » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:11 pm

Edit: I have had to pull out, as I have double booked
Last edited by sunnydays on Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

greg81

Post by greg81 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:37 pm

A close friend of mine has his TR6 recorded a few years back to be the sound of a car in the GTAV game. He got loads of cool photos and videos on the day and has a great story to tell!

sunnydays

Post by sunnydays » Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:01 pm

To the top, must be some one local!

tag_tim

Post by tag_tim » Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:25 pm

Yeah, shame about that Sunny but never mind.

Ok then...so we are now back to no takers again on this one.

So opening it up again one final time, let's say stock, modded to oblivion and anything in between! It needs to happen on Friday, and there is money waiting for anyone who might be interested! Even if you are not local, and you are keen on this, the organiser is happy to discuss covering accomodation if required.

Please let me know... [email protected]

Thanks!

Cheers
Tim

ronk
Lifer
Lifer

Post by ronk » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:07 pm

tag_tim wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:25 pm Yeah, shame about that Sunny but never mind.

Ok then...so we are now back to no takers again on this one.

So opening it up again one final time, let's say stock, modded to oblivion and anything in between! It needs to happen on Friday, and there is money waiting for anyone who might be interested! Even if you are not local, and you are keen on this, the organiser is happy to discuss covering accomodation if required.

Please let me know... [email protected]

Thanks!

Cheers
Tim
I wish you'd said that a few days earlier - Ive just sorned the car and although it's a good run for me, we often have a trip to Bedfordshire to see my wife's family.
You don't stop playing when you get old - You get old when you stop playing!
So I bought a 35is with all the toys to play with. :thumbsup:

Burgy100

Post by Burgy100 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 10:15 am

Hmmm....I live 3 miles from Millbrook and have a 3.5is, but can only do the weekends, but dont feel comfortable about doing it, cos' I'm I sort of belt n braces guy!
E89 Silver 3.5is 2015 with a Heated Steering Wheel :driving: