Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Garage to Avoid

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
AlanG

Garage to Avoid

Post by AlanG » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:33 pm

Booked the Z into Sytner's Newport for the second time today, for them to change the automatic transmission oil & filter. The first time, (last Monday) it took them four hours to discover they did not have sufficient ATF to complete the oil change. Today, it took them two & a half hours to discover they did not have the pan/filter?

Avoid this garage at all cost. They are incompetent!!!!!
E89 Z4 sDrive35iS Roadster Mineral Grey
Coral Red Kansas leather

sunnydays

Garage to Avoid

Post by sunnydays » Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:39 pm

Most garages are incompetent unfortunately, I have witnessed the work of many "Highly respected" or "Well reviewed" garages before, including main dealers. Yeah no thanks, never again. It never ceases to amaze me how so many of these places do such a 1/2 arsed job.

If you are going to take it anywhere, take it to Darren Woods.

road warrior

Garage to Avoid

Post by road warrior » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:19 pm

I have never allowed a dealer to fondle any car I owned due to incompetence lack of care and sheer overpriced highway robbery. If forced to buy parts I take them away and fit them myself :D
If you ever think I'm off my rocker.. Just put me back in it and walk away... It's the kindest thing
My wife says I never listen - or something like that.
gone but not forgotton -Mean Steve - made a sound like a bear with his nuts in a trap.