Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Coding Remote Window Close and Folding Mirrors

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
javis20

Post by javis20 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:35 am

BMW665
My car is a 2011 also, and I have the same issue. For a while I believed it to be a low battery, and the battery was indeed low. However, I just replaced the battery this week and the top down via keyfob feature does not work. Must be a 2011 thing...

enzed4
Lifer
Lifer

Post by enzed4 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:22 am

bmw665 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:08 am I have tried and tried but cannot put the top down. long hold on unlock does not do it. I have a 2011 35i without comfort access. My remote is the one that does not have a replaceable battery and charges when you insert the key fob into the ignition. I checked with the dealer and they confirmed if you don't have comfort access you can't control the top with the key fob. I purchased the Carly software with the OBDII and can view all the codes but cannot change anything that falls into comfort access. I think my next step is to check out Carista. What am I missing? if you can control the top going down without comfort access then maybe its how BMW controls their options in different countries. i'm in the US/California
Unless there is some fundamental difference in what can be coded on USA vehicles, you're dealer is wrong. I have a 2010 35i without comfort access. I have the same key fob as you. I can lower the roof by holding the unlock button on the key fob. I can't recall if this is how the car was when I got it (used import) or if I coded it.

EDIT: I just found this in an old ZPost forum thread from 2009:
It seems in Europe you can put the top down on the new one remotely but in the US you need to have CA.
(CA being Comfort Access). So perhaps this is why you're struggling to achieve what should be simple?
I wonder if you dug deep enough with NCS you could unlock what's stopping the US restriction? And while you're at it, figure out how to get the roof to go up remotely and we will build a statue in your honour :lol:
Gone: 2010 35i DCT
Gone: 2008 2.5Si Sport

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:13 pm

javis20 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:39 pm No luck with NCS Expert. I read the ECU for both files in question. And verified that changes were made correctly. Still mirrors do not fold when locking car. Must be something else. 2011 E89 3.0i Msport package.
When you did the coding did the car close the pop up control display screen and reboot?
E89 35is space grey Kansas coral red leather

javis20

Post by javis20 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:08 pm

Only when loading the CAS. Not for the NFRM load. No errors were reported.

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:13 pm

I should try doing the NFRM again it should reboot every time

javis20

Post by javis20 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:43 pm

I won't have opportunity to try again till Sunday. I'll let you know how it goes.

bmw665

Post by bmw665 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:46 am

enzed4 , thank you for looking deeper into the issues. That sounds like the answer. In the US you need CA to control the top down. If I used Carista maybe I can program it to work. I know Carly can't do it

javis20

Post by javis20 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:07 pm

I did the NFRM coding again and idrive display still doesn't close and open. When i open with notepad the changes were made. Wondering if something in the file is corrupt.

Something I noticed. The NFRM file is 36K. When I edit it, save as a .MAN and execute it, a new FSW_PSW.trc file appears in my Work folder. This file is 234K, apparently all the modules. When I search the file, FH_KOMFORT_MIT_SUBST is not active and ASP_EINKLAPPEN is active.

Remember, I previously coded the CAS module and went a planned. But just to double check, I again accessed the CAS module and listed the contents and confirmed that in the 8K CAS file, FH_KOMFORT_MIT_SUBST is set to active.

So basically, FH_KOMFORT_MIT_SUBST is set to active in the CAS 8k module file, but set not active in the 234K file for all modules.

Anyway, that's it for me. I'm done.

javis20

Post by javis20 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:06 pm

Well, I gave it one more shot and got it working. Used NCS Dummy this time. And i had to enable the two window options to open and close.
I think there was another option that needed to be set active. I'll check.

Still no where on top down with remote.

Chippie

Post by Chippie » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:39 pm

javis20 wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:06 pm Well, I gave it one more shot and got it working. Used NCS Dummy this time. And i had to enable the two window options to open and close.
I think there was another option that needed to be set active. I'll check.

Still no where on top down with remote.
Glad you managed to get it sorted, i can only think you may have left a space in front of “aktiv” when deleting “nicht” and using dummies writes it correctly

javis20

Post by javis20 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:04 pm

I had to set all the following active for mine to work;

KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB
KOMFORTOEFFNUNG
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG
KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA
FH_KOMFORTF_MIT_SUBST

Thanks for all the help Chippie