Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Jacking

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
Bombardino

Jacking

Post by Bombardino » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:46 am

I drive one wheel onto one of these /www.amazon.co.uk/Laser-LAS5669-Low-Rise ... th=1&psc=1

The front and rear central jacking points are then accessible with a low profile jack.

Chris_D
Lifer
Lifer

Jacking

Post by Chris_D » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:47 am

I stopped jacking up for jobs under the car as soon as ai found a ‘DHZ’ (diy) garage close to me.
Quite a common concept here in Holland whereby you can rent a lift by the half hour.
http://www.dhzgaragefixit.nl/
Will be using it again at the next oil service to swap in a new oil level sensor. :thumbsup:

Nothing like that over in the UK?
E85 3.0i roadie (03) 'Benny'. E93 320d M-Sport Cabrio (11) 'Bob'.
'Always different, always the same.' John Peel on The Fall.

enuff_zed
Lifer
Lifer

Jacking

Post by enuff_zed » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:20 am

Chris_D wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:47 am I stopped jacking up for jobs under the car as soon as ai found a ‘DHZ’ (diy) garage close to me.
Quite a common concept here in Holland whereby you can rent a lift by the half hour.
http://www.dhzgaragefixit.nl/
Will be using it again at the next oil service to swap in a new oil level sensor. :thumbsup:

Nothing like that over in the UK?
Was great in the RAF. Every station had a motor club with just about every tool known to man. Usually cost about a tenner a year for membership.
I miss that.
HQ of 'Norfolk Zed Rescue'.
Always happy to help if I can.

If the forum helped you, why not help the forum back. Thats the Z4 way! :thumbsup:

mcbutler

Jacking

Post by mcbutler » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:33 am

I use wood ramp to get my car on to the metal 'drive on wheel ramps' I bought at an auction. No jacks to collapse or axle stands to fail or jacks on bodywork.
Mark
Plymouth
E89
35i
Carmine Red
Black leather