Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Adaptive Cruise control

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
EHaryanto

Adaptive Cruise control

Post by EHaryanto » Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:44 am

Hi I am a newcomer,
Tried to search for an option of upgrading the cruise control of my wife Z4 E89 2009 with the Adaptive Cruise Control anywhere but couldn't find it. Not sure if that is something impossible, so end up visiting this specific forum which may be someone in this forum has already done it.
My wife car doesn't have idrive or multimedia screen, so I bought one from China including a reverse camera. This hopefully won't complicate things when upgrading the cruise control with the adaptive cruise control.

Thanks for your help

gadgetJunky72

Adaptive Cruise control

Post by gadgetJunky72 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:13 am

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

Adaptive cruise control was never offered as an option on the E89 so can't be retrofitted. It was offered with something called cruise control with braking function, but that's not the same thing. It confused me for a while too.

Cheers

Pav

AnubisZed

Adaptive Cruise control

Post by AnubisZed » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:47 pm

EHaryanto wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:44 am Hi I am a newcomer,
Tried to search for an option of upgrading the cruise control of my wife Z4 E89 2009 with the Adaptive Cruise Control anywhere but couldn't find it. Not sure if that is something impossible, so end up visiting this specific forum which may be someone in this forum has already done it.
My wife car doesn't have idrive or multimedia screen, so I bought one from China including a reverse camera. This hopefully won't complicate things when upgrading the cruise control with the adaptive cruise control.

Thanks for your help
As Pav has said it's not available.

I assume you mean you have fitted one if these screens?
What do you think so far? How stable is your reversing camera?
Attachments
Screenshot_20190406-223122.png
Screenshot_20190406-223122.png (1.57 MiB) Viewed 613 times
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

EHaryanto

Adaptive Cruise control

Post by EHaryanto » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:37 pm

Thanks Pav for the info.
Yes at present she has (active) cruise control which will maintain at a constant set speed when downhill.
Cheers,

EHaryanto

Adaptive Cruise control

Post by EHaryanto » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:46 pm

Yes, that's it AnubisZed.
I am still waiting for the installer to come sometime in the following week. I will let you know when it done.
Is that yours, is it similar I mean Chinese made too?
How did it go?

Cheers

AnubisZed

Adaptive Cruise control

Post by AnubisZed » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:58 pm

EHaryanto wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:46 pm Yes, that's it AnubisZed.
I am still waiting for the installer to come sometime in the following week. I will let you know when it done.
Is that yours, is it similar I mean Chinese made too?
How did it go?

Cheers
Yes that's the one, mine was the first in the UK, I've made an install video, Apple Carplay/Android Auto video and just uploaded a video on adding parking sensors and a reversing camera all as add ons for it.
Hope it goes well with having it installed. If you want to know anything just ask away (probably better posting in the post in my signature below!)
Dave
2011, 23i, Grey with Red leather. 8)

My E89 YouTube channel - BMW Z4 Mods
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCttNBt ... UQnoEvKB2Q

EHaryanto

Adaptive Cruise control

Post by EHaryanto » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:52 am

Thanks Dave,
I did watch your work before I decided to buy, I mentioned your work to the seller too. Thank you so much for such detail information you shared.
Mine probably will be the 1st one in Perth, Australia.