Not joined yet? Register for free and enjoy features such as alerts, private messaging and viewing latest posts and topics.

Has anyone use the diagnostic app Carista ?

Specific discussion about the E89 2009 Z4 (sDrive35is, sDrive35i, sDrive30i, sDrive23i)
obelix54

Post by obelix54 » Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:09 pm

Hi,

Looking for a diagnostic tool/app that is not too expensive. I know Carly is always mentioned but it is a lot of money with the adaptor so I was looking around for something a bit cheaper and found Carista on Amazon but cannot see any reviews for it and the E89.

My engine management light has come on (yellow) and I want to check it.

Thanks
2009 BMW Z4 3.0
2014 BMW X3 (F25)
2023 Mini Electric

Davz

Post by Davz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:04 pm

I have the carista dongle and app, amazon is your best bet. I bought for my Audi a3 8v and mk7 golf, which it is brilliant for, you can use to turn on a full range of options, reset service, turn codes off but you cannot programme with it. It works with my e85 but on a very simple level. As the e89 electronics are much more advanced it should work well. Give it a try, if its no good send it back to amazon! NB You do get the full pro software free for a month after that it is £33 a year, considering the dongle is only £16 it ain't bad. You can also use other software like Torque which gives you a load of real-time info....acceleration, engine torque, speed, turbo boost, throttle %, BHP etc etc
2006 2.5 Monaco blue, orange footwell lights, Blue boot lights, 20/15mm wheel spacers, Buckley06 gear knob, Aux, MV2's, M pedals, Eibachs, Bilstein B4's, Whiteline front ARB. H&R rear ARB. Roof motor relocated, Alpine speakers, Xenons.